We're going to Disneyland! Any tips?

by Nice_Dream 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

My family and I will be heading to California next week to go to Disneyland. We have two children under 4, so I was thinking about bringing at least one stroller.

What is the weather like in November? Would a sweatshirt be warm enough, or a light winter coat? We're from Canada, so I thought a down filled jacket might be too toasty.

Any tips for our trip? We were planning on spending 3 or 4 days at the park, and then need to find something to do on Saturday because we have a late flight home.

Thanks!

• blondie
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Hi there. The weather is supposed to be in the mid 70's next week and goes down to the mid 50's at night, more like sweatshirt weather. The two parks at Disneyland are huge, and I recommend a stroller for sure if the children are under 4. If you are staying at the park or close, you can really take your time and break up the days with the little ones. If you are going midweek, it is a great time to go. The parks shouldn't be crowded. If they are for some strange reason, there is "Fastpass" for rides so you don't have to wait in line. You can also download an app which will give you wait times for rides.

I'm from here and grew up going to Disneyland. I love every inch of it. So see it all!! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Have fun!

• finally awake
    finally awake

touringplans.com will give you all the info to plan your days at the park. they also have an app for your smart phone that will tell you the wait time for each ride.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Thank you for the tips everyone, I will check out those links.

Dagney, wow! That would be so much fun being from that area! I went to Disneyland when I was 4, and Disneyworld when I was 9 and have been waiting to get back there ever since. My husband has never been, so I think it will be lots of fun.

We'll be there midweek, and were thinking of going to a beach or something Saturday. Does anyone have a favorite beach they go to?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nice_Dream: I will PM you my email. Beaches are all good. About 15-20 min away down Harbor to the 55, will take you to the ocean, Newport Beach. You can just ask around and people will tell where to go. Or you can turn right on Pacific Coast Hwy and go up the coast and pick your beach. Just north of Newport will be Huntington Beach, then Seal Beach. They are now state beaches with facilities. I recommend parking by one of the piers and going to the end to Ruby's.

I am going out of town tomorrow and wont be back until Tues, but will have email. Will be happy to help! Have fun!

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Dagney - thank you! I sent you an email. :D

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Whether Disney World or Disney Land my tip is: Bring lots of money, more than you would think needed. Disney was not created for the poor kids of the world!

Outaservice

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I used to have a year pass and go their with my girlfriend all the time. The parks are very large, strollers are a must, as is patience. It is sunny but chilly. So bring a jacket for the AM and the PM. Go eat at the restaurant in the pirates of the Carribean. Its pretty fantastic and has a nice vibe.

The beach I would recommend around the area would be Huntington Beach. Newport is ok too, but Huntington is more old school Cali. Might be a little cold there too depending on the day.

Enjoy.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh almost forgot. There is a KH about 3 minutes from there if you feel like making a go of it.

Ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit