We're going to Disneyland! Any tips?

by Nice_Dream 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

True Outaservice, lots of little things add up.

Problemaddict - thanks for the tips. That Pirates of the Carribean restaurant looks amazing. Oh, and good to know about the KH nearby! I'll be sure to pack all our "meeting clothes" and books. Kidding!

• prologos
    prologos

remember, all this stuff is faked. innocent ones will be enthralled. parents will do it for the kids. some of the stuff in the darkened tunnels of the rides is traumatic for the young fainthearted ones and insulting the intelligence of others. . If you have to borrow the money to go, dont. put it in the kids educational savings account instead. . Go to the ocean, huntington, newport, cocoa in florida. ( rocket scientists in local kh) Disney is like the OW, the Org, lot of glits, good people around but: go back to the first sentence. enjoy it for what its worth. blessings.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Disneyland is cool for the kids but it's a major money making machine. Be prepared to spend. However if i had kids, I would definately take them. I'm in socal as well, just north of dageny. PM me so I can give u contact info

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

And I'm north of WhaHappened. Which puts me about an hour from Disneyland.

Bring a stroller. You can also rent one there if you decide the other child needs a separate one.

Prepare to spend lots and lots of money. Not sure what the current food policy is, but you might want to go to the grocery store and pack some snacks and drinks.

For what to do on Saturday, might depend on which airport you are flying out of. I think there are 3 within 30 minutes of Disney: LAX, John Wayne (SantaAna), and LongBeach.

-Aude.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Prologos - thanks for the tips, but I still love magic...even if it's pretend, I'm still a child at heart. We will definitely check out the gorgeous beaches and nature in California. <3

I will PM you wha happened. :)

Thanks AudeSapere. That's a good idea to bring one stroller and rent one because we'll be hauling 2 gigantic carseats as well (at the airport). I'll bring a few snacks to tide the little ones over while we go through the parks.

Saturday we don't have anything planned so far, except a beach visit and our plane flies out of LAX at 9 pm! Wish we would have stayed longer to visit San Fransisco.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My sister and I went there as fully grown adults in our 20s and 30s and loved every minute of it. After a childhood of watching "The Wonderful World of Disney" every Sunday night, going on the rides we'd seen on the show, envying the kids on those rides, was a dream come true.

Go and have a GREAT time. Having kids with you will help you see things through their eyes. It can be tiring but a lot of fun as well.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

You might want to reconsider. Remember Mickey is the SORCERER's apprentice....just kidding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit