HELP from Pagans please, X-mas gift ideas

by nuthouse escapee 41 Replies latest jw friends

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Thx Heaven: I may be able to find detailed directions on google somewhere. I so want to post my pics. I'll see what the local Nurseries have in stock. I painted the cones for my door wreath with craft glue using a brush and then sprinkled the gold sprinkles on them.

Day Lily stalks are also useful when they're dried out in the fall. I painted mine white and attached those little red craft berries to the tops here and there. I also have used cattails, painted white then paint with craft glue and then roll tops in gold sprinkles.

Those huge prickly thorns with the tops that resemble pine cones are nice. I used sandpaper to take the thorns off the stalks and then they can be left natural or spray painted gold, silver or whatever color you want.

Gotta love all the free basics from nature. It's amazing what you can make with a bit of imagination and a few items from the Dollar Store. Leslie

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooo, Heaven, I like the idea of making a besom out of dogwood branches...

Nuthouse escapee, I am looking forward to hearing what you come up with!! I like getting raw materials from nature; nearly every Xmas I've made an evergreen wreath by trimming our big blue spruce in the back yard...

Of course, LAST year I wanted a 'purplish' wreath, so I walked around the neighborhood and trimmed a twig here and a twig there from the communal landscaping - they have the prettiest purple-sage-gray ground-hugging junipers around here - though they've torn a few sites out this year and have replaced them with rocks...

I also made an egg-and-grasses wreath last year for spring... And a 'bouquet' of grasses variously sprayed with paints, glittered, or left au naturel.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

My apologies QUEEN WITCH, I did not see your post until I reviewed page one. Yes, incense/essential oils are a good idea. Thank you. Leslie

Ziddina: Purple, sage-gray juniper. That sounds very nice and a great alternative to green.

So many great suggestions and ideas. I cannot thank you all enough. I will try to post pics once I get that figured out, as I said, I'm a techno-dinosaur. LOL

• Heaven
    Heaven

Those huge prickly thorns with the tops that resemble pine cones are nice. I used sandpaper to take the thorns off the stalks and then they can be left natural or spray painted gold, silver or whatever color you want.

My Mom used to do crafty things with them. They are called Teasel. There are some cute things you can do with these, like these reindeer and hedgehog:

TeezleTeasel ReindeerTeasel Hedgehog

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

OMG HEAVEN, those are sooo cute. Especially love the reindeer and just have to make one. I know they would love that.Leslie

• ziddina
    ziddina

Those are SO cute, Heaven!!!

• perfect1
    perfect1

get them an exoricsm kit- shamans are bound to get posesses sooner or later, especially white ones.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Perfect 1, thanks for your suggestion. I know they do cleansing rituals, and that's a great idea. Leslie

• ziddina
    ziddina

Perfet!!!!

Funnneeeeee......

• ziddina
    ziddina

Damn, looks like my "c" got possessed on that last post...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit