An atheists grieve

by Borges 40 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

You don't see a difference between the emotional and social life of a chicken and that of a human?

• freydo
    freydo

You probably know more about sports than chickens and dogs.

• cofty
    cofty

Too busy for BS - see you later

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Why settle for christian beliefs? Reincarnation is another way of seeing life as an ever ending cycle. I am atheist afraid to die but not afraid to not have an afterlife. Imagine having to praise god for an eternity? I'd rather not.

• caliber
    caliber

I feel as humans we need a sense of fulfillment and purpose... past , present and future come into the picture

Do not animals lack this ability ?

Can eating and drinking make us feel ultimately satisfied in spirit ?

Indeed the emotional and social life of a chicken cannot match that of a human .

• goldensky
    goldensky

By the way, I've already ordered "Mortality" and "Nothing to be afraid of" from Amazon (together with "A light between oceans", ha, ha!-"Man liveth not on bread alone"-). They should be arriving in Madrid from the UK in a week or so. Can't wait! Thank you, Borges, and, again, NewChapter, for bringing them to our attention.

Freydo, "atheists are just like chickens and dogs"??? What a strange thing to say...!

• freydo
    freydo

I recall a wt study article years ago that compared the life of humans and the life of squirrels.

There isn't much difference.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well, not your life, anyway, Freydo. You have a nut and you are gonna gnaw on it until your teeth fall out.

• freydo
    freydo

See what I mean. SEE Romans 1

• bohm
    bohm

If freydo was a squirrel he would quickly die from starvation, because he is f*cking nuts all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit