WHAT REASON DOES THE GOVERNING BODY HAVE TO DENY JESUS MEDIATOR-SHIP FOR EVERYONE?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Aguest, Jehovah-Jirah, Lars58, Rick Fearon, Finkle, or another scholars on JWN. What reason does the Governing Body have for telling

seven million Jehovah's Witnesses, "Jesus is not your man dude!" "He only is our mediator, not yours!"

What is their grand purpose to deny the easy Biblical teaching Jesus died for all mankind? To tell others, "you are not part of the New Covenant!" We are not Jews, Jesus said we are to follow the "new commandments", Christians would inherit freedom by recoginizing nobody could obey all the Law Commandments but Jesus Christ, therefore as humans we failed miserably by trying to declare ourselves rigtheous under the Law.

How does keeping Jesus away from the "other sheep", enhance the status of the annointed (now it's just the annoited recogizined by the Watchtower Business Corperation and their non-annointed writing staff), is this Satan's doing by telling us we don't need Jesus Christ to be our mediator but we must rely on the Watchtower's ability to be our mediator between us-annointed-Jesus Christ-Jehovah God.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It keeps the elders as a superior class and keeps the sisters in their place, no entitlement to a brain, and entirely subservient to their menfolk.

That's the answer, I am certain.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Control.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

if they dont even know who the fds ,how are they going to know who jesus is mediator for? the reason they teach this crap they are lost and lacking gods backing. thats my thoughts

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I agree with all three of you, do you think they will eventually drag the elders into the "annointed group", adding a little "shock and awe" to keep grumbling elders from thinking?

I do agree they have lost their Biblical compass, and I don't know how to talk to active JWs about this serious topic. I was told yesterday, "Are you not happy we are receiving such good light from Jehovah?". This made me scratch my head and ask, what is wrong with you people? If the GB started to piss from the platform onto the audience, would they believe "it's raining yellow gold!".?

The "Generation" has been a disaster, the "Blood Issue" is slowly being watered down to nothing Preaching "Field Service" and the amount of hours being preached are one-fourth or less, as dubs lie about their field service time.

Meetings are started to fall off a cliff, our Kingdom Hall's attendance is down twenty percent and nobody is heading out the door looking for the missing sheep, because many of our brothers are elderly, sick or working lots of hours to pay the bills. The grief they are getting from a CO who has his life planned out, nothing to worry about financially while he complains at our brother's failures "to put the Kingom First' is bad!

It's easy for a CO who has each bill pre-arranged and paid for, health insurance our brothers don't have (they have), a pension and a home to look forward to once their "time is done", all taken care of by the frugal sheep and elders working full-time. The TOs don't mind biting the hands that feed them, they best watch out, as more rich JWs stop attending, who is going to pay for their health care, food, rent, car, insurance, free trips to "time shares or vacation rentals"

People are sick of feeling guilty for listening to bad advice, what has the GB done for us lately? The don't study lke scholars, what is their job? To decide how much of the "cumin, mint and dill" to give? How about all the sheep and elders quit their jobs and stop giving money to the Organization so everyone can pioneer? How quick the GB would write magazines stating "Should you go back to school to get a better job" "The benefits of higher education and how it can further the Kingdom efforts by giving more money!"

New Light "Jehovah's Witnesses should tithe like Christendom, we need help paying off lawsuits!"

Ray Franz brings out the GB turned down so many paid traveling invitations to speak to congregations worldwide, they had not time to study the bible or go out in field service. What value does the Governing Body add to the World Wide Congregation, the members appear as useful as a paper weight in the digital age! "Smile and Wave Boy's, Smile and Wave" Penguins of New York zoo.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I posted some research related to this question (1 Tim 2:4, 5):

Here

and Here

and Here especially the second half of post #67 relating to Luke 15 and the prodigal son

and Here

I linked these because I was familiar with them. I imagine others have posted equally or better explanations.

Hope this might be of some help.

Take Care

• Splash
    Splash

Just put this together:

JESUS IS MEDIATOR FOR WHOM?

Anointed - w50 11/1 p. 412 par. 22 New Systems of Things

The new covenant is no part of the old world arrangements but it takes out of this world a people for Jehovah’s name. (Acts 15:14) These are no longer a part of the old world, no more than Jesus their Mediator was ever a part of it.

All men - w54 10/15 p. 622 Why Prayers Go Unanswered

Now what does it mean to pray in the right manner? First of all it means to approach Jehovah in the name of Christ Jesus, who the Bible says is the “one mediator between God and men.” So can one expect an answer to his prayer if he does not ask it in Jesus’ name? Said the Son of God himself: “No one comes to the Father except through me.” Since Christ is the only mediator, the “one mediator,” there can be no more mediators between God and men.

All men - w57 12/15 p. 747 “Confess Your Sins”

The overseer does not presume to take the role of God, nor to be the mediator between God and men. Rather, as a loving Christian brother, he approaches God in prayer along with the spiritually sick one, doing so through the one Mediator Christ Jesus.

Anointed - w59 12/15 p. 750 par. 4 The Pursuit of Peace

By Jesus Christ as Mediator between God and men he established a new covenant with Christians.

All men - w60 10/15 p. 629 par. 49 Security During “War of the Great Day of God the Almighty”

We cannot seek Jehovah today except through the kingdom of his Son, the Mediator between God and men.

All men - w66 8/1 p. 465 par. 16 Baptism Shows Faith

When one makes his dedication he prays to Jehovah in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son, the Mediator between God and man.

Anointed - w66 2/15 p. 115 Benefits from God’s New Covenant Spreading Worldwide

On the other hand, the new covenant is made through a mediator, Jesus Christ, with his 144,000 disciples. Hence we must distinguish between the Kingdom covenants that apply to the one person, Jesus Christ, and the new covenant that applies to the nation of spiritual Israel.

All men - w73 2/15 p. 106 par. 6 God Cherishes the Lowly Ones

6 That Jehovah does lovingly enable persons of all backgrounds to come into harmony with him through Christ Jesus is repeatedly shown. For example, 1 Timothy 2:3-6 states: “This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that allsorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all"

Anointed - w79 11/15 p. 24 par. 12 Benefiting from “One Mediator Between God and Men”

12 So Jesus Christ in heaven is the Mediator between God and the spiritual Israelites,

All men - w80 6/1 p. 18 par. 11 Praying to Jehovah so as to Be Heard

11 How can we gain access to the great “Hearer of prayer”? He has appointed that this be through Jesus Christ alone. There is only one Mediator between God and men, and one High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Anointed - w83 3/15 p. 8 Who Should Partake?

Moses was the go-between, or mediator, of that covenant made between Jehovah God and the Israelites (just as Jesus is the “mediator of a new covenant”)

All men - w97 2/15 p. 28 Agreement Between “God’s Temple” and Idols in Greece?

Jesus further stated: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.” And the apostle Paul stated: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.” If we truly want our prayers to be heard by God, it is essential that we approach him in the way that his Word directs.

Anointed - w08 12/15 p. 13 Appreciate Jesus’ Unique Role in God’s Purpose

11 Read1 Timothy2:5, 6. Jesus is the “one mediator between God and men.” He is “the mediator of a new covenant.” (Heb. 9:15; 12:24) However, Moses is also spoken of as a mediator—the mediator of the Law covenant. (Gal. 3:19)

14 What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven? While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2)

Splash

• designs
    designs

The Society used the Levites as the example. Jewish Priest's had their own meal at specific observances and would sprinkle blood on the common jewish people (non-priests).

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The irony in all this, as far as my own Bible research has discovered, is that Jesus IS the mediator ONLY for anointed Christians - BUT, all Christians are anointed, not just the 144,000. I linked some of the posts related to that research.

Here (see post #261)

and Here (see post #340)

and Here (see post #355)

and Here (see post #131)

and Here (see post #7)

and Here (see post # 291 and 292)

I'm still keeping a close eye out for any Scriptural evidence that might debunk that idea. But so far I haven't seen any. The evidence slowly keeps piling up that the WT is, in effect, stealing the inheritance of the R&F JWs. At least they think they are.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The truthful answer is that the GB see themselves as being in a christlike mediator situation between God and the rank & file.

They cannot be mediated directly through christ unless they go through the special GB arrangement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit