WHAT REASON DOES THE GOVERNING BODY HAVE TO DENY JESUS MEDIATOR-SHIP FOR EVERYONE?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Because the fact is that he is not the mediator for all. Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant for the 144,00 only. Not a GB doctrine, but a biblical one.

Prologos said "The new covenant mediated by Jesus covers all Christians, not just the 144 ooo sealed ones that COME OUT OF the twelve tribes."

Well, yes, the new covenant covers all Christians, but that does not mean Jesus mediates it with all Christians.

• mP
    mP

How exactly is jesus a mediator fora nyone ? Billions have prayed and Jesus has done absolute nothing for them.

• Listener
    Listener

The JWs teach that there is more than one covenant that is discussed in the New Testament. The two main covenants are the New Covenant and a Covenant for Kings and Priests (the Kingdom Covenant). This is rarely made clear in their publications and generally the average JW doesn't know that there are these two covenant or their difference.

At a guess I would say that Rattigan is not aware of this either.

Understanding what the New Covenant is makes it clear that it is for all christians. However, the JWs teach that both Covenants are for the 144,000 only.

To me this is important TTATT and the main reason why I cannot accept the JWs view.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Rattigan350:

Because the fact is that he is not the mediator for all. Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant for the 144,00 only. Not a GB doctrine, but a biblical one.

Not according to this:

(1 Timothy 2:3-6 NWT) 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.

The "For" (Greek gar) in verse 5 makes verse 5 an explanation or reason for the statement in verse 4.

In verse 4, "God's will is that all men should be saved." (Cmp. 2 Pet 3:9 for a similar thought on God's desire for universal salvation.) Verse 5 explains how he is attempting to accomplish that - by using Jesus as a mediator (thus, implying a covenant) "between God and men." "Men" is anarthrous. It is referring to humans in general, not a special small subgroup.

This corresponds with Matthew 26:28, that the wine of the Lord's Evening Meal represents "my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins." "Forgiveness of sins" is exactly what is needed for 'all men to be saved.' (Cmp the parallel in Luke 22:20 where this refers to the "new covenant.")

The only way the WT can get what you said out of these verses is by explaining that they don't mean what they actually say. That is the WT's theology in a nutshell - explaining why simple statements don't mean what they say.

If Peter "stood condemned" for supporting a division among Jewish and Gentile Christians, all the more so does the GB stand condemned. (Gal 2:11-14)

And simply stating something is a fact doesn't make it so (except for the GB, of course).

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

You got fooled man. These guys ate your cake.

Thanks for playing!!

• designs
    designs

This falls in the theology of- General Redemption and Limited Atonement. Lutherans, Presbyterians, Arminians came to different conclusions all using the same scriptures.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

. Brilliant I say...

• designs
    designs

Cool truck, who makes it.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

If I had to guess I would say VW. But i have no idea!!!

edit: A couple of weeks ago i saw an 80+ year old gentlemen lifted the wheels of his Model T. My jaw dropped. It was so light and he was so strong....I could see pissed off apostates tipping these garbage dispensers over....This is a 3 wheel golf cart? The cheap ones run on diesel.

I think these guys have money ooozing from their ass.....

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just a major flaw in thier thinking, no where in the bible does it say the 144k are Anointed and no where does it say the 144k are/will be Kings and Priest. And Like Ablebodie already posted in the KingJames bible in John chapter 6 starting in verse 47 Jesus says 'anyone' eating of my flesh, says 'anyone' 4 times. He was also teaching at Capernium and not talking to just the apostles.

So its clear the JW's got it wrong so they could have the leaders in a class all by themselves and try to control the rest of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit