"newbie" post - after eight years registered

by pajaha 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Ah, apologies, my bad, I got my Newtown and my Newport mixed up!

Loz x

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Brilliant ! I can relate so much to what you say . It seems impossible to consider that it could not be true, but once the penny drops and you have the courage to think the unthinkable - it all becomes perfectly clear.

If you are a progressive bro, who is useful in the congo, they do not want to lose you, do they? I was an elder, the Secretary , WT o/seer & group study conductor. Despite my admitting to "doubts" they still wanted me to carry on. The fact that I no no longer believed did not seem to matter.

That was all some years ago now. Life is a lot more straightforward. I manage to remain o k and am now viewed as an unbelieving husband in my wife's new congo.

BTW. You got 3 or 4 visits to help you back? They must have wanted you bad, I got one only and I found out later that my wife had to beg them to do it !

Now that you have started posting.....keep it up, we want to hear from you.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi pajaha,

Welcome to the forum and please tell us more.

Yes I remember when you left the 'T' here in Newport, as it did cause a little stir amongst us still in brothers. Regretably in my social clique the general attitude was quite derisory.

One brother, a brother who of his own admission said he'd never, and I mean never, read any book except the Society's claptrap, said you'd left because of some doubts about how the kangaroo got to Australia after the Flood. I remember thinking ''yes, how the hell did it get there?'' But this brother thought you were mad for leaving.

As I know you are a male and not a female, I tip my hat to you for your conscience driven abrupt ending of your links to the Watchtower Society. And thankfully all, as far as I know, your famliy left too.

Thanks for posting and look forward to hearing more.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Welcome back dude....and don't make another 8 years to post again.....glad to see your parents out. When I had my Judical session, I left a 4 page letter to the elders asking answers for my questions. Well the declined to answer and one of the elders that was in the Comitee, I found out few years later, that after they have disfellowshiped me he stepped down from being an elder. I don't know if this has to do with me, but I know that he never became an elder again...

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

• pajaha
    pajaha

Yes ThomasCovenant, I don't doubt I was viewed as being crazy or the devil incarnate. I think I heard from someone else who escaped after me that I had started worshiping trees or something like that! Goodness know where they got it from and I'm sure there was plenty of talk.

I do remember my discussions with some of the elders being quite deep and scientific sometimes and some of my arguments may have sounded like science fiction if it went over their heads.

But I'm not bitter about it and don't really bare any animosity. It's the relgion, not them after all and I would have been exactly the same at one time.

As for getting as many as 3-4 visits, I think it was only because they wanted to get a statement of disassociation from me. I was probably trying to be careful not to walk into it too easily. But they got what they considered was what they wanted after a couple of months as, as I found out later, they announced I'd disassociated myself, although I think they termed it quite loosely.

Someone asked what the main doctrinal issues were for me. Well, apart from obviously the kangaroo (although I don't remember that one!), a big one was the whole 607 or 537 date, which was the only way of supposedly tying "this generation" to our time and that was based on false history.

Another was that they believed (at the time, though I think they may be hedging their bets now), that humans had only been on the earth 6000 years ago. Again, this was quite "backed up" by the literature, which only told you the evidence they wanted you to know about.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

despite having been so deeply involved in it and baptised in it 10 years, they only thought it was worth 3-4 visits to try to convert me back again.

JWs shoot their wounded.

You're lucky to have not gotten DFd.

Doc

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hey man,

ex jw pioneer, bethelite etc, in Cardiff uni now. PM me anytime x

snare

• not bitter
    not bitter

Welcome Pajaha,

I know you. I'm Thomas Covenants sister and I lived very close to you. Its good to hear from you after all these years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit