They only care about themselves......

by dubstepped 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I've watched the reaction to the Nepal disaster for the first time with eyes opened. What do I see? Lots of comments about praying for the brothers and sisters affected. The official release on the website references only the sister and her two children that died, along with the impact on the brothers there. That's it. For an organization that is supposed to be marked by love, for all of the gum flapping about how much love for neighbor they show, they can't even be bothered to shout out to the thousands killed and their families and friends. Would it be too much to even acknowledge that other people, you know, the ones that you supposedly love so much, even exist? I understand taking care of your own, but you don't have to ignore everyone else like callous narcissists.
  • ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

It was the same with 911 in Manhattan. They talked about how they gave "hope" to those effected.

The Society teaches that there is no need to help others in dyer situation. Hey.... we are all going to die in the big A anyway.

Once again.. ez to see when we are out. Almost impossible when we are in.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What do I see? Lots of comments about praying for the brothers and sisters affected

Typical really the WTS/JWS look at people who aren't apart of their organization as evil worldly people deemed to be destroyed soon anyways, so expressing compassionate concern to these people is irrelevant and of lesser concern.

Hence you'll never see a JWS volunteering money or labor to help out non-JWS who have run into unfortunate situations and if you do see its extremely rare.

• pixel
    pixel
    What do you expect? On their minds, an earthquake in nothing compare to what they wish, or supposedly is going to happen, upon people that don't listen to their stupid propaganda.
  • talesin
    talesin

I'm always analyzing life, and this struck me.

It follows through in their personal lives. When someone is disfellowshipped, what do you hear?

"Oh, I'm gonna miss them so much."

When you go to a funeral (I did it once, my Grampy, and NEVER again)..... what do they say "I missed you.... *weep weep* phoney bastards ... ) Please come back ... we miss you!"

They don't miss you when you are going to school, working full time, and working your way up.

The JWS promotes self-absorption to the penultimate.

ACK, I just threw up in my mouth.

xx

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    They only care about the people going through illness, war, or natural disasters when they list statistics to try to prove the world is ending. Oh, it's Soooooo bad you have to come join us. But really, they don't care. Like pixel said, it's what they want.
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I posted to promote donations for this disaster on a social network.

My friends list comprises of about 95 percent jdubs and 5 percent non witnesses.

100 percent of the likes and shares were from non witnesses. Not one witness commented or liked the post.

Telling.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Just checked out the Nepali website for Jehovah's Witnesses. No reporting about the earthquake there.

http://www.jw.org/ne

मा नयाँ के थपियो? (Latest)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it makes me angry too!!

Very self-centered behaviour indeed.

The announcement at our hall went something like this:

"we know you will all be aware of the disaster in Nepal. But we are pleased to say that none of our brothers and sister were harmed! Everyone smiled and nodded in joy. I sat there thinking just how distorted that mindset is!

(that was before the updated info came out).

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Let's review: they're assholes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit