C...

by AGuest 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

So is "truck"... but look at all the definitions for that...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• bohm
    bohm

Aguest:

you can take any pick from the dictionary; people here are claiming you are mentoring them in a religious context, thats a direct observation, and thats a pretty relevant one.

• cofty
    cofty

We were not talking about trucks we were talking about the fact that Sab views you as his mentor.

Big reponsibility that!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Personally, if we had to use the term "mentoring" at all, dear Bohm (again, peace to you!)... and I'm not sure we do, but I can see where dear Sab (peace to you, as well), might be thinking of "peer mentoring" versus classical mentoring. I don't really see myself as a mentor, though... but just a servant. Because mentoring, whether peer or classical, requires taking another under one's wing, per se. My underwings are quite vacant, I assure you. Nothing... and no one... under there, truly.

The reality is that Christ is the mentor here. I'm just one of his scullery maids.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

Sab disagrees with you on that Shelby - he says you are his mentor.

• still thinking
    still thinking

How about when sab referred to tec as his guru a while ago....how may definitions are there for that?

gu·ru /'go?oro?o/
    Noun:
    1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) A spiritual teacher, esp. one who imparts initiation.
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Really, C? Well, I am honored, truly... but truly, I don't think that's accurate.

Sab?

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

I think you guys might have to take that up with Sab.

In any event, it does not have the connotations that you are implying: follower/disciple/worshipper. Sab has his own mind and can and does disagree as he sees fit, and as he understands.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah....that's what guru means tec...I haven't added any meaning to that.

I am quoting sab. He said you were a spiritual guru.

• tec
    tec

I was speaking of the word, mentor, Still.

In any case, what is your point? That someone who might have shared something that helps someone else... is now somehow a leader with disciples/worshippers?

Come on.

If Bohm explains something about math and percentages, and that helps people... does that mean they are his disciples and worshippers?

If Q explains something about his past faith and current atheism, and that helps someone... does that mean they are his disciples and worshippers?

If Leo explains something about history (and many people look at her work and conclusions)... does that mean they are her disciples and worshippers?

If Dawkins develops a scale for atheism and many people adopt that scale as valid... does that mean that they are his disciples and worshippers?

(Note: being helped by something that someone shares does not take the place of critical thinking, testing and examination... otherwise it is blind and it should not be done.)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit