I never knew water had a flavor

by kenpodragon 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

It just seemed out of the blue, and I have had people attack me before when I step onto the boards. I just wanted to make sure that was not happening, as I do not know people here and did not want to be tangling with someone that everyone knows (but me) is only trying to argue.

Take Care

• SYN
    SYN

Water has no flavour. If you were to drink pure water, none of the chemically sensitive neuro-receptors in your tongue would bind with anything other than what was already on your tongue in the first place. Pure water is so flavourless that it actually tastes horrible. What you are in fact tasting is whatever you ate or drank last.

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• larc
    larc

Ken,

Your comments reminded me of an experience I had earlier today. I went to the bus stop, but the bus was late. When I was younger, I would have been impatient, and agitated. This time I used the time to watch the behvior of a robin on a leftless branch clean itself and then fly to the ground to get itself a meal. I enjoyed that time waiting for the bus.

Water

Water also has a taste due to the minerals disolved in it. Some water is very tastey; some is awful. Water with hydrogen sulfide in it, is especially foul.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Truly beautiful post. What point is living life if you do not take time to enjoy it? Live each day as if it were your last, savoring every sight, sound, smell or touch as if it was a work of art, because there is no truer more beautiful art than life itself.

Kisses,
    Moe

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit