I never knew water had a flavor

by kenpodragon 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I never knew water had a flavor

It's a warm day and you are working hard to get some yard work done. The temperature raises above 100 and the sun is over head and you mouth seems to have turned to death valley. You run into the house and fill a glass with water and drink it in less then a second to get back to work.

Through my whole life as a Witness I was always so concerned about this and that, I never set back to enjoy the finer details of this life. I would sit in front of that Bible reading scripture after scripture, book after book, and writing all those talks. I would spend hour after hour in the field service preaching, passing each day with time spent dedicated to the religion.

I realize now how much passed by and how much went along unnoticed that I have to sometimes stop and remember those details to grasp their meaning. I would remember statements made years earlier and think about it deeper and realize more of what that person meant, and wonder if I could have been a better friend to listen more back then.

The pages of this life flip faster each day, without us taking time to highlight the best parts as we are always more interested in the conclusion then the story along the way. So we sometimes need to put a book mark in place and dwell on the moment, and listen to the world around and take a moment of the day to be part of us.

So with all that life has taught me, and all the time that has gone by I have learned to slow down a bit and value the moment in all it's details. I know longer have to spend endless hours on other peoples life problems, or sit in a room concerned that what I have done might not be acceptable to God. Now I run in from the heat, grab a glass and fill it with water. Then as I drink it slowly and enjoy it thoroughly, I realize that water, much like life, has a taste if we take the time to feel it.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hello Kenpodragon,

I am glad you have discovered that water does have a flavor.

Now, does life have an end? That is a question which needs an answer. Another is: can a "dead" person come back to life. A third might be: is it possible to be dead and want to remain so?

What do you think?

IW

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Since I am not a Christian, my view on death are a little different. I feel that we have a physical existence and a spritual energy existence. I feel we live before life in energy, and return to that upon death. We can then choose to live more lives until we have learned all that we have wanted from the physical. So to answer your question, "does life have a end?" Well to me it has a physical end, but the energy continues on.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gee Ken, that was beautiful! Makes me aware of what is really important in life and that importance has absolutely nothing to do with the WBTS.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Ken,

I have a similar philosophy. I believe everyone should take the time to stop and smell the roses. Life is too short to let it pass you by.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Kenpodragon,

We can then choose to live more lives until we have learned all that we have wanted from the physical.
    Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what reasons and proofs do you have in order to believe. If not, then please help me to understand the above quote.

IW

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I believe that we shouldn't loose our time with question like:"Is there something after the death?" If there's nothing then, we should do our best in our life because we have only one life and if there's something then, we will all discover it someday.

We become more attuned to the human condition when we recognize that God is not going to fix our problems.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what reasons and proofs do you have in order to believe. If not, then please help me to understand the above quote.

Yes, I do belief in reincarnation. I believe that the physical is the recycling of matter and the spiritual is the recycling of energy. I base this on many sources, but my days of trying to convert others to my thinking ended when I left the Witnesses. Now I hold my beliefs personal and let others find their own path.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I have to ask though. How does a post that has nothing to do about death or reincarnation turn to that topic? My experience, from being on many boards, has shown me that when people do this they are either.

1. Having a very hard time with a topic in their own mind and thus bringing it up a lot to find a settled moment.

2. They enjoy having verbal battles that lead to them explaining how they feel on matters, while they never read any of the other persons responses. Every board has at least one, some are lucky enough to have two of these.

Either way, I never enjoy talking about my beliefs unless I was the one who brought them up in the first place. The reason is, the other manner is a tool the Witnesses used. Which was when a feather would fly by and suddenly they were talking about God and creation. This was a sure fired "friendship ender", as the people always felt attacked even if it was only in the person showing their beliefs when the other did not care to.

I will put these items on the table though. I am not a Christian, and I do not own one bible. Quotations from the bible are skipped by me, and I never look up and quotations. I do not feel the bible is the word of God, as I do not think god is one person that sits on a thrown. I feel that it is a good history book, and many religions have one or two. I do not hold to any religion! I am more in tune to listening to what I want, and care less of what others want for me. I do belief in God, just not in the way the Witnesses taught ... God to me is the energy of life that exist in all in around all life.

So that is my beliefs, and they bring me peace. I hope I never meet one person in my entire life who feels the same as me. I want all the people I know to feel different, that way the picture that is my life can have many colors. So I never convert, as I have nothing to convert people too, and I never argue with people if I sense that is what they want. It's my path in this life to live the way I want, and these are my choices.

Just thought I would let people know how I feel now, who have not known me from other boards.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Kenpodragon,

If you feel my posts on your thread were inappropriate, I sincerely apologize.

My first post was an immediate response to yours. I had read your bio., then clicked on this thread. For some reason those questions came to mind, I had no sinister plan.

My second post asked about reincarnation because you said:

*** We can then choose to live more lives until we have learned all that we have wanted from the physical. So to answer your question, "does life have a end?" Well to me it has a physical end, but the energy continues on.****

If you want to keep your beliefs private that is certainly your right. Apparently my questions were an intrusion on your privacy. Again, I apologize for that.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit