Do you call your father by his legal name? Should we for God?

by trujw 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bttt

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

Satanus, a Christian uses supplication to the divine (Jesus Christ) while the magician attempts to command angels and nature. When a demon is cast out, it is not by the power of the person supplicating God but by God Himself.

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, you are against the having of personal power, because your god is offended because he is left out of the loop. The inconsistency of catholics taking up personal power in wars, inquisitions, torture of adulterers, etc remains. Why not leave carnal problems for god to do as well? Answer, cuz god doesn't do anything. However, in the spiritual, nobody can see what isn't done, so you can claim anything you want.

S

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

I believe that within the WT mindset, their insistence on using the divine name virtually all the time identifies a flaw in their theology. It is quite apparent that God's name is non existent in all known copies of the NT. To my knowledge not even a single Koine Greek copy has the divine name in its entirety anywhere. (only Jah shows up once in the Revelation) I believe this absence is quite intentional. It speaks volumes about the Christians relationship to God. Jesus always referred to God as his father in pray and this example is to reinforce our new relationship with God as his adopted sons. The WT denies this relationship as adopted sons to most of its members. Did Paul identify any brethren who did NOT cry out abba Father. Of course he did not.

FWFranz

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

I agree, FWFranz. If the tetragrammaton were so holy, why do witches use it to invoke demons? I don't really buy the excuse that the occult hijacked the tetragrammaton from the Bible. I think the occult subverted the Bible with the tetragrammaton, specifically through the Masoretic Hebrew text. It apepars the Masoretes were Kabbalists (Jewish magicians), so they would have had every reason to implant their magic into the scriptures. Then, as if by Divine intervention, the scriptures turned to the Greek language. The Kabbalists tried to put one past God but failed miserably.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit