How to handle it when a JW gives you "counsel" about some stupid crap

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great line of reasoning Terry!

I'm afraid though, I have come to view the ruling religious clergy class (Pharisees) as a waste of time and energy.

Maybe in time I might become a bit less cynical about the possibility of one of their number choosing to wake up and see the light (Nicodemus, Paul, Luther, Ray Franz... )

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The notion that anyone thinks they can tell another grown adult:

• How to cut your hair
    • Wear your clothes: what kinds are and are not acceptable
    • What books to read or not
    • What movies to see or not
    • What music to listen to or not
    • What kinds of jobs you can and cannot have
    • How much education you should and should not have
    • Who you can and cannot
      • Talk to
      • Be friends with
      • Date
      • Marry
    • etc ... (the list is long)

Is completely ridiculous!!!

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

But 00Dad, they are only looking out for us. We need to be obedient....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When a 'Townie' Elder moved into a country congregation and told the young ones that they shouldn't have firearms, they just collectively disrepected him and his stupid rule to his face and to everyone else, then went hunting next weekend.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Say this:

To quote a great man, "He who is offended when no offense was intended is a fool! And I'll tell you something else. He who is offended when offense was intended also is usually a fool!"

• Terry
    Terry

Something peculiar about the idea of preventing another person from doing what they want to do.

Take the most famous instance, for example, of Jehovah NOT preventing either Eve or Adam from dropping humanity into thousands of years of sin.

Ever wonder about that?

Yet, the fussbudgets at your local Kingdom Hall rush in to your private thoughts with handcuffs at the slightest whiff of the forbidden!

Almighty God is so spotty about His interventions and tends to improvise outside the bounds of any principle or pattern.

Eve and Adam seemingly fall because God was out taking a stroll in some other part of the Garden when the crime was afoot.

Think how much handier it would have been for all of us if an angel had stayed Eve's hand as it reached for the forbidden fruit as in the tale of Abram sacrificing Isaac with dagger poised to plunge!!

Look at the convoluted scheme for preventing a tiny tower from being built "to the heavens" in Nimrod's day by the Rube Goldberg confusing of languages

strategy!

The foundation Jehovah's Witnesses rest their morals upon is scattershot, arbitrary, capricious and whimsical.

So, it should be a relatively easy matter to stymie the Thought Police when they pounce!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit