Interesting quotes from the Feb 15th Watchtower (it's not a cult at all, honest!)...

by cedars 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Unbrainwashed publisher1
    Unbrainwashed publisher1

Is that Randy Travis in the Valley ( Picture)? LOL

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

cedars, glad you're posting again, thanks for the video.

I can't believe I ever took this stuff seriously. Now, it's not only creepy, but "Are you kidding me?" How do they come up with all this stuff. There is no proof for their assertions. They just say it.

At least two of the people in that picture are wearing UNAPPROVED western style string ties...

James, what do they have against "western style string ties?" Did some bad person mentioned in the Bible wear one at one time? Kind of like people dying during someone's birthday, now no one can celebrate a birthday. Reminds me of when they disapproved of leisure suits, dingo boots and long hair on men. Does God even care what you wear!

PHG

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

When I read this kind of quotes, I really ask my self: How could I ever believed this crap....

• 88JM
    88JM

Bumping for Sunday's study

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They are completely and utterly delusional.

• 88JM
    88JM

Did anyone notice this crazy claim on page 6, paragraph 13:

"People have known God's name since the creation of mankind. Adam and Eve were aware of it, and they knew exactly how to pronounce it."

How can they make that statement? Needless to say it is not backed up in any way.

They actually dig themselves deeper by saying: "Jehovah God has seen to it that his name is preserved in his word." Of course they neglect to mention that he only bothered to preserve barely 4 letters of it.

The article tries to give examples of Jehovah himself directly preserving his "word" and his "name", including the Moabite stone - thereby implying that Jehovah was using the king of an enemy nation writing to praise his false God to preserve the name "Jehovah".

They rave about "attacks on the bible", but neglect to mention that the whole list of books to be included or not was compiled by what they would see as "Babylon the Great".

I also love how they rave about having a "spiritual heritage", but in their chosen definition on page 3, this includes: "...all the qualities, traditions, or features of life...".

This reminds me of a certain scripture about traditions. They also talk again about "Christian traditions" in paragraph 6. Urrgh...

• pixel
    pixel

They are obsess with God's name. Even they say nobody knows how to pronounce God's name. So, if it were so important, don't you think He would have make sure to preserve its pronunciation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit