Interesting quotes from the Feb 15th Watchtower (it's not a cult at all, honest!)...

by cedars 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Unbrainwashed Publisher said "The further I get away from the Org the more creepy it becomes."

I feel this too, I remember years ago being given some literature by a LDS/Mormon young fellow, along with a free copy of the book of Mormon this was when jw's were still charging for their crap, so the free gifts were impressive, till I looked at them.

In the Mormon pamphlet there were pictures of Christ appearing to Joseph Smith , and the whole thing looked and sounded so CULTY-CREEPY !!!!!

I think though the experience was adding to my Cognitive Dissonance, I could clearly see that there was only a thin line between JW's and Mormonism.

So, "creepy" stuff helped to get me out, by producing the sort of stuff dear Cedars has waded through for us, with sick-bag at the ready no doubt, the WT is hopefully putting more people off than it attracts.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cedars, welcome back! In connection with Zech. 14:1-5, the article’s source, Paradise Restored to Mankind - By Theocracy!, says the day coming “belonging to Jehovah” (v. 1) would end in Armageddon. Now for the double back manoeuvre. The attack on Jerusalem (v. 2) had occurred in 1918 (pp. 370, 371), the split of the mount of Olives (v. 3) took place in 1914, and the flight to “the valley” (v. 4) started in the spring of 1919 CE (p. 379). Only the anointed remnant are involved. This is what I would call hopscotch-chronology. If those verses are viewed as a unit, then they should worry. It says “Jerusalem” will be captured, with half of its occupants going into exile. That will be the day!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Those quotes all amde me want to projectile vomit.

As for the notion that invisible imaginary sky daddy watchtower trademark product will rot 'bits' with some form of 'radiation' reminds me of the hilarious quotes:-

*** kj 377 20 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***The unburied dead, those slain by Jehovah, will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the war of the great day to see and witness.

*** yw 322 12 The "Prince" of the Sanctuary Stands Up *** In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he

...........and they call us mentally diseased(TM)!

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hi, Cedars!

"On that day, “one’s very eyes . . . and tongue will rot away” in that the attackers will be able to strike out only blindly and their defiant speech will be silenced."

This is a great new understanding, radioation will cause that phenomen! I know, becuase Gerrit said so!

By the way, looking forward to any new vids!

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hi, Cedars!

"On that day, “one’s very eyes . . . and tongue will rot away” in that the attackers will be able to strike out only blindly and their defiant speech will be silenced."

This is a great new understanding, radioation will cause that phenomen! I know, becuase Gerrit said so!

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hi, Cedars!

Love Healthworker

• minimus
    minimus

They will use losch's view and the WT.s

• punkofnice
  • james_woods
    james_woods

At least two of the people in that picture are wearing UNAPPROVED western style string ties...

• sabastious
    sabastious

Good thing we have the Watchtower to answer the pressing questions like, "When did the division of the mountain of the olive tree take place?" It's good to know the billions in donations each year are going to a good cause.

Btw Cedars, it's great to have you back.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit