Canada Zone Visit - April 2013

by Richard_I 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

just got word of a zone visit for canada in april 2013, think it was april 8 to 14. sounds like its just 2 members of the u.s. branch comittee, no gb. however, they plan on showing a talk on april 13/14 to all congregations in canada, not just a select few as has always been the case.

it'll be the same old stuff, but maybe this is why they the watchtower is purchasing all those projectors, like that "confidential" document mentions? to broadcast things like this in all congregations?

also for those still in, am i the only one who never heard of these zone visits until 2007/2008, where it seems like we get them every year now? I don't ever recall any zone visits (in canada anyway) before 2007/2008.

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

I think it's because the US was never actually a 'branch' until the early 2000's. The GB and their committee's ran everything. Once a branch was established, I'm guessing they started doing the zone visits.

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

nevermind. i'm an idiot. Forgot you're in canada which has functioned as a branch for ages.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Zone visits were always a part of the Georgetown Country Club (aka Canada Branch). It is is just that they were not widely known and the zone overseeer often just met with the branch committee and the bethel elders - plus a talk to the bethelites. Since about 2006 they have started to be more public so that can make a bigger deal about them than necessasy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There always was a persistence of noting an individual's placement of power within the WTS. organization.

Who and at what level of power was always of noted importance.

And what do these special meeting engagements entail ?

More WTS. propaganda and operational instructions.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh whew... that must mean Armageddon won't be here 'til at least April 15, 2013.

• Gayle
    Gayle

showing a talk on april 13/14 to all congregations in canada, will those talks be taped or saved for later or even on their web site?

Those "projector" Talks will probably be regular from the Headquarters worldwide, with option to setup as interpreted into several languages.

Probably will relieve the local elders having to give those talks.

I didn't ever hear of "U.S. zone meeting" till last year when Barbara put a report here about that.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

This just happened this morning. Brother Ramseyer (forget his first name and how to spell his last name, he's on the branch committee) was the chairman, coordinator of the branch committee Ken Little gave opening prayer, member of branch committee Walter Trubeyk (forget how to spell his last name) gave the summary of the Watchtower, then Clive Thomas (printery overseer) gave "highlights" of whats being done in Canada. Specifically, Thomas mentioned the "Manhattan project" is being expanded in Canada under a more formal name, he said it but I forget what it was. Anyway it will be in major cities across Canada and will feature that box with the shelves holding a bunch of Bible Teach books. Also, Canada's active publisher peaked in March at over 115,000 and there are over 11,000 pioneers, (they've been setting peaks every few months recently) while memorial attendance was almost exactly the same as last year (haha). Canada branch is also printning books and brochures again alongside the mags, so they made the announcment they need more single brothers to waste their lives at bethel.

Then Daniel Molchan, a helper to the GB, gave a talk which I completely forget was about. After him Daniel Molchan of the US Branch Committee gave a talk on Jesus and stuff. Both were pretty tame talks, there wasn't any "post-secondary education is the devil!!!" or extreme statements like that (guess you need to the GB to do that). Also one of the guys wives works in purchasing while the other is on the computer department.

Anyway it was a long, boring 3 hours to sit thru. And i already forgot most of it.

• label licker
    label licker

Heard that Abraham and Nabel were both quite rich and gave it all over to Jehovah. If that's true, I see something down the road coming like give us everything you own. Donate! Donate! Donate!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Also one of the guys wives works in purchasing while the other is on the computer department.

Sounds like a bountiful feast of spiritual food from Jehovah's table!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit