Canada Zone Visit - April 2013

by Richard_I 17 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

If this is the best that come from a special ZONE visit, snooze time is more comfortable at home, New light, now nearly 6 month old, not even touched on. projected on a good sized flat sreen, 2 dimensional talks too, absolutely NO DEPTHS. good pictures of new shipping equipment, praise for Canuck contributions to world wide work personnel. (no praise for canada" healthcare system that has single payer, no questions asked policy, and the generous old-age supplement that provides for all that did not save themselfs. you know who.

After the "being generous routine" of old time givers like Abraham & Abigail, a surprisingly muted, half-sentence mention of monetary-wealth contributions. (May be they realize the flack they are getting here)

It would have been worth while had they sent larger caliber.

rated 1 out of 10. for the pictures.

PS: one of the speakers was best when he played the role of some one with normal worldly thinking. WT routine stifles all.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

pretty lame to show off the "increase" at the canada branch and then talk about jehovah "speeding up the work".

how about, the US shifing production to a country with universal health care! how is halving the size of the mads "speeding up the work" anyhow?

there was something else in there that caught my attention as a misapplication of scripture but it escapes me right now, .... i just remember hearing a bit that was blatantly twisted... i'll try to recall what poin that was

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Strange summing up of the meeting by Richard_I, since he seems bent on telling that he either has forgotten what some of the talks were about, or in case of the others found them so ridiculous that he more or less won't tell .................................

Wouldn't hurt to be a bit more specific.

• prologos
    prologos

Richard, was the misapplication of scriture you wondered about (according to past lights) that the sign of the Rainbow was called the "symbol of PEACE" rather than , guarantee / protection from having Mt. Everest ever covered with water again?

Old Hippy: may be Richard is old too, and had it with taking notes. Contrary what is thought in some quarters, our lifes do not depend on lapping up every word.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks Richard for your take on the talk. I'd be hopeless at remembering the names but pretty good on the talks unfortunately.

• hoser
    hoser

one of the speakers made it a point to mention to give our love to all EIGHT members of the governing body. I don't know if there is any significance to mentioning how many gb there are.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

@TheOldHippie: I honestly couldn't concentrate, ADD and stuff. The first talk was basically about how wealthy Abraham was and something about Nabal, basically I guess it was "make sure you donate to the organization". The second one was just a typical "imitate Jesus" talk. prologos seemed to get the same out of it, there really wasn't anything special about the visit, it was a long 3 hours. Plus I had to work afterwards so I was thinking about that too.

Also I just remembered Thomas mentioned almost all schools will also be held in Canada now, so Canadians don't have to travel to the States anymore for the School for Single Brothers, School for CO's and their Wives, etc. Previously most of these schools were only in the U.S. I think now the only one still only in the states is Gilead.

• paladin
    paladin

The highlights of this Zone meeting was imitating Jesus and a new printing divice that trims publications, etc. The WT$ needs our money and we should be doing more preaching work. Publication stands are being set up in the big metropolitan cities and Universities. A lot of talk was about language translating regarding the Bible and other publications in Africa for example. The same old news as last year. I went home with a headache.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit