Where does all the JW money go?

by LouBelle 29 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Calebs Airplane comment is not unusual about churches but jw's will not believe it. Most churches do many good works AND let the cong know where every last penny is spent. They still manage to supply bibles to those who need one as well. jw's have no clue how churches work because they only go by what they hear the wt saying about 'christendom'.

In a Congregational church in our area I know that the members vote on the budget.

Have any of you asked an elder why they don't publish where the money goes?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

c/honz -

do you think they have money? what do they do with it?

The GB live a worry free, debt free, bill free lifestyle.

I imagine the paedophile protection out of court payments eats up a fair chunk of their money.

We know they gamble on the stock exchange!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

The GB live a worry free, debt free, bill free lifestyle.

at least they have never had a penny from me! my ex hub was too poor from putting the kingdom first (well after football) to put any money in the boxes! i certainly wasnt taking it away from my kids.

• designs
    designs

How come EVERY Circuit Assembly starts with a deficit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its been recognized by the leaders of the WTS. for a long time of the value of property acquired by the WTS..

Either through public donation or directly from their own direct investing.

The intension of promoting the moving of property Titles over to the Organization from individual Kingdom Hall ownership

is to strengthen the accumulative assets of the WTS. itself.

Religion is about power and money folks that includes the WTS./JWS, its just a bit obscured .

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Upon entering my first Lutheran Church several years ago, I was astonished to not only recieve a printed pamphlet with that day's songs, lessons, prayers, blessings, etc printed on it, but ALSO a full financial statement which showed all donations taken in for the last week, month, year, etc. It also had a detailed account of how much was given to the poor, families, elderly, and childrens programs, adult programs, and missionary work. Everything was transparent. What a contrast to the JW mentality! It was easy to recognize they were doing God's work....not by paying lip service knocking on doors of empty houses, but actually doing something to help ones in need. What a contrast. I was a born-in JW, so I am just completely blown away every time I visit there. Once you are out and get some experience and then turn and look inside the JW box from outside, you are repulsed at how they act and the things that they do.

- Wing Commander

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It all goes UPWARD.... Never downward, whoever is up there is doing well. I think someone owns the shares that Russell, his father and Connington first bought.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is also my big question. So many property sold @ New York, and still asking for donations. Where the h@ll goes the money to?

• perfect1
    perfect1

The Illuminati

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think a long time ago they (JW HQ) would give some sort of figure stating how much they spent doing the preaching work - however they never enlightend us as to how much they received.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit