Where does all the JW money go?

by LouBelle 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I want to know.

Does every kingdom hall, bethel and assembly hall belong to the Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society?

Each of those kingdom halls, bethels etc are built with the money obtained by that country's contributions. If a loan is needed the bothers of that specific congregation pay off the loan.

The society has then an extremely HUGE amount of property worth billions of $$$$ Who has control of all those funds? With all this wealth, where does the money go???

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I would also very much like to know this.

• bigmac
    bigmac

millions of dollars go to help support -=feed--and clothe all those poor people starving and dying in third world countries.

dont it?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

As if, bigmac.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

one of my co-workers attends an evangelical church and I recently probed him on the money trail at his church... he was able to state the actual amounts and percentages of the contributions that are used for feeding the homeless, maintaining the church, running several youth programs, caring for the elderly in the congregation, missionary work, etc.. I was completely baffled because the members of this church are all working class... not wealthy by any means... So I asked him if they ever make any announcements from the platform about having a "deficit" (as they often do in the KH and assemblies worldwide). He said: "No way. Everyone contributes generously because they see where the money is going."

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

all we get is 'worldwide work' and yet each assembly and meeting pays for itself. - yes apparently they build the KHs from their own contributions and the sign them straight over to the WBTS! dont ask me where it goes...

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I don't think I have ever either asked for/been given a donation when 'placing' literatrash. I assume that paying for the printing/distribution of mags takes a substantial chunk out of the contributions. I would say that all the capital is held in property, but isn't exactly liquid. If they ever need to sell property in the form of Kingdumb halls, they're only ever gonna be able to sell as community centres or doctors surgerys. I assume that even though they are all owned by separate legal entities, they are all property of the WTBTS anyhow.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wherever it goes you can guarantee it does no good for the world or the people in it.

The GB are enjoying the wealth though!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

do you think they have money? what do they do with it?

• punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit