Ethos said: ''the GB have never claimed to have any special ability'' Some WT quotes..

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL . . . perhaps the "infection" is taking it's toll. The GB are right on one thing . . . the 'net can be a dangerous place for thier flights of fantasy spirit-inspired utterances.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think the days of cult are numbered now the masses are waking up.

However, there is still those religious folk that believe in whatever fantasy takes their fancy.

The history and future of the world is probably going in cycles. Who knows what sh1t the next generations will worship?!?!

I can see the human race will either end up as Cybermen or extinct! LOL

• irondork
    irondork

tag

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Where has Ethos gone?????????????????

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

marked

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Where has Ethos gone?????????????????

I heard he was having surgery, ... to remove his head from his ass.

• Splash
    Splash

Don't forget all of the old favourites from the past two years:

-- w10 7/15 p. 23 par. 10 “The Spirit Searches Into . . . the Deep Things of God”

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave” at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13)

p.17: "Listening to the slave class means giving our full cooperation to its Governing Body."

p.27: "Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?" " The slave thus deserves our complete trust"

p.28: " By all means, then, let us listen to the Christ and his trustworthy spirit-anointed brothers."

*** w10 9/15 p. 8 par. 7 Earnestly Seek Jehovah’s Blessing ***

We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of “the faithful and discreet slave,” we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.

-- w10 9/15 p. 13 par. 8: "Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13."

*** w10 9/15 p. 23 par. 8 “Your Leader Is One, the Christ” ***

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

*** si p. 9 par. 16 (2011) “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial” ***

(1) Jehovah God originates his utterances; (2) then his official Word, or Spokesman—now known as Jesus Christ—often transmits the message; (3) God’s holy spirit, the active force that is used as the medium of communication, carries it earthward; (4) God’s prophet on earth receives the message; and (5) he then publishes it for the benefit of God’s people.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    -- w10 7/15 p.23 par.10 “The Spirit Searches Into... the Deep Things of God”

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave”

at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13)

Aah...so they were preparing our brains for the big change 2 years ago....this was planned well in advance, then. Subtle bastards. Gotta love 'em. Good to know, by the way, that holy spirit operates only in upstate New York... That 'not previously understood' thing is really a big leap of logic. So they understand more about God & Jesus than anyone has ever understood before. This would have to include the writers of the Gospels, Paul, Peter, James, Jude, pretty much everybody short of Jesus himself. (Remember, we're ultimately talking about understanding a 2,000+ year-old text, so by definition 'not previously understood' has got to include 'not previously understood back then' as well, and from the NT itself we know they didn't fully understand everything either. I don't think that kind of statement has meaning otherwise, since it's got to be in the context of understanding the scriptures.) If that's not a special ability, I don't know what could be.

--sd-7

• metatron
    metatron

As a means of demonstrating the deception here, try using this phrase in any elder's meeting. Try telling any elder this when questioning anything the Watchtower teaches. Use it as a comment in a discussion with a C.O. See what happens.............

I once asked an elder point blank if the "Faithful Slave" was inspired exactly as the Bible was, yes or no. He refused to answer the question.

As a matter of fact, Jehovah's Witnesses consider the Organization to be infallible. Allow me to demonstrate:

Ask "does the organization make mistakes?" "Could those mistakes hurt people or wreck their lives?"

The usual answer will be, "No, because if they were really faithful, they would be rewarded for staying with the 'truth'. These things are a test".

Exactly! The Organization is seen as infallible because no mistake is actually a "mistake".

metatron

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Metatron -

Ask "does the organization make mistakes?" "Could those mistakes hurt people or wreck their lives?"
    The usual answer will be, "No, because if they were really faithful, they would be rewarded for staying with the 'truth'. These things are a test".

Yes. If I had a quid for every time I'd heard this I'd be rich by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit