Ethos said: ''the GB have never claimed to have any special ability'' Some WT quotes..

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

And the GB have never claimed to have any special ability.

They never said their every word is error free. Really they flat out tell you all they do is

read the Bible like the rest of us. No conversations with Jesus or miraculous visions.

Nothing is interpreted but the interpretation comes from God and is then published.
    (WT 1943 July 1 pp. 202-203)

Angels deliver what is published.
    (PREPARATION 1933 pp. 36-37, 64)

THE WATCHTOWER publishes "no man's opinion".
    (WT 1931 November 1 p. 327; 1936 March 15 p. 85)

"To it (this organization) alone...the Bible is not a sealed book." The WTS is "the only organization on earth that understands the 'deep things of God.' "
    (WT 1973 July 1 p. 402)

The leaders are "spirit directed" (WT 1988 March 1 p. 10)

and "God's channel."
    (WT 1969 January 15 p. 51; 1960 July 15 pp. 439, 442)

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the 'slave' as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision."
    (WT 1957 June 15 p. 370)

C. T. Russell founder = "God's mouthpiece" (WT 1906 July 15 p. 229);

Russell states that compared to reading his books Bible reading is "a waste of time" (WT 1910 September 15 p. 298),

Russell's books "harmonize...every statement in the Bible."
    (DIVINE PLAN OF THE AGES 1886 p. 348)

God uses and directs the WTS.
    (VINDICATION Book 1 1931 p. 77)

Watchtower 1957 June 15 p.370 " It is vital that we respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God ."

"The 'slave' class has served as God's sole collective channel for the flow of Biblical truth to men on earth. Just as the early Christian congregation collectively served as the channel of communication from heaven to earth, so in our time."
    (WT 1960 July 15 p. 439)

"As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of the first-century Christian congregation so he does today by means of the present-day Christian congregation. Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale. All of this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind all of it." (WT 1964 June 15 p. 365)

"Therefore, in submitting to Jehovah's theocratic organization, we must be in full and complete agreement with every feature of its apostolic procedure and requirements."
    (WT 1967 October 1 p. 593)

"The modern-day "Ezekiel"... commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah ... commissioned to speak in the Divine name" . (p54 "The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah"—How? 1971)

"We must serve Jehovah in truth, as revealed in his Word and made clear in the publications of "the faithful and discreet slave." (Watchtower 1996 May 15 p.18)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we need some Leaving WT colour WT quotes that fill the whole page.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    </form>
    Jookbeard - How's this?
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Second, Jehovah uses his spirit to lead his organization in the direction that he wants it to go. In Ezekiel’s vision, the heavenly part of Jehovah’s organization is depicted as a celestial chariot that is irresistibly on the move to fulfill Jehovah’s purpose. What impels the chariot to move in a certain direction? Holy spirit. (Ezek. 1:20, 21) Let us remember that Jehovah’s organization is made up of two parts, one in heaven and the other on earth. If the heavenly part is directed by holy spirit, the same must be true of the earthly part. By being obedient and loyal to the direction received from the earthly part of God’s organization, you show that you are keeping pace with Jehovah’s celestial chariot and are working in harmony with his holy spirit.

Just in case anyone wants to argue that this is out of date: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010282#s=16:81-16:219

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

To be fair to the new troll Ethos, in his own mind his statement is true regarding the GB.

But we understand the reason for this is that he doesnt KNOW what he's talking about and has done no real research up to this point (is this Recovery mk5 and counting?).

So how about changing your tune?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Punk you made my day :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Someone called?

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

The thing that always gets me about claims like this is how easy it is. I mean, if Jesus exists and he's really "directing" this organization, how is he doing it? They receive no visions, no phone calls, not even a post card from the big man upstairs. How do even THEY know they're "spirit directed" by Jesus?

Worse, they keep getting stuff wrong. So what is Jesus, a misquitoe in their ear that buzzes so quietly they can't hear him right? "What's that Jesus? Let people die instead of getting blood transfusions? By your command, oh great one!"

"No, I said let people get high so there's no confusions! Darn it, Dad, I need a megaphone! These guys are seriously deaf."

It's ridiculous. They claim Jesus created the universe and everything except Jehovah himself. Doesn't Jesus have the power to make his wishes known to we mere mortals? Can't he pop in for a board of directors meeting? Maybe get some pictures taken while performing magic tricks? That'd be worthy of a WT cover!

"PAGE 1 of WT - Jesus pulls a rabit out of a hat ... but first, he pulled the hat out of rabbit!"

I mean, if the WTS is so important, can't Jesus at least send an angel with a dictated message?

"Hi guys. Jesus here. Please stop being total d*cks about everything and let people lead actual lives.Your King and leader during the millenial reign, Jesus."

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

A bit interesting, that 3 of the quotes were from Russel's era, 3 from Rutherford's, then there were 8 quotes from 1941 thru 1980, and only 2 are taken from the 32 years since 1980. So it seems you have to dig really deep into the history to find them quotes, and that lately not much has been said ..............

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

But they are there....as for timing almost all the quotes were from the last 100 years. As Christianity has been around for about 2000 years that means they all occurred in the last 5% of Christianity's existence. So in the last hour and 12 minutes of the religions day so to speak. Pretty recent.

i know I need to get out more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit