Ethos said: ''the GB have never claimed to have any special ability'' Some WT quotes..

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The WT definition of being guilty of false prophesying. Hmm. It takes one to know one, I suppose. Ouch.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's not the GB's fault. "Evidently" it is Jesus that reveals the false information. They just publish it. Don't blame them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

May I stop now? It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just what the thread needed LWT

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

TO theoldhipie,.

Regarding the age of some of the old quotes that you seem to consider invalid due to the age.

There are tortoises that have lived longer* than the age of some of those quotes you want to dispel.

Besides, I want to bring to your attention that "Evidently then, Jesus meant that these quotes are "overlapping" and we can now use them."

NJY

* Tortoises generally have lifespans comparable with those of human beings, and some individuals are known to have lived longer than 150 years. [5] Because of this, they symbolize longevity in some cultures, such as China. The oldest tortoise ever recorded, and one of the oldest individual animals ever recorded, was Tu'i Malila, which was presented to the Tongan royal family by the British explorer Captain Cook shortly after its birth in 1777. Tui Malila remained in the care of the Tongan royal family until its death by natural causes on May 19, 1965. This means, upon its death, Tui Malila was 188 years old. [6] The record for the longest-lived vertebrate is exceeded only by one other, a koi namedHanako whose death on July 17, 1977 ended a 226-year life span. [7] [dead link]

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

MARKED

• Vindico
    Vindico

I'm lovin it!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Great replies guys.

Where's Recovery Ethos gone?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Cold hard facts can be a real bitch can't they?

Would you come back after that Unky?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sizemik - Yes! I'd come back as a 'mentally diseased apostate'(TM). Muwhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit