First Time Poster

by DanTheMan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hello to all who have been escaped from the WT bondage. I just DA'd last week, the most difficult decision I've ever made, but I'm 99.999% sure I made the right decision. This website has been a godsend thus far. I'm in the Columbus OH area, any Buckeye ex-dubs out there?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

dantheman,

I'm God send too

• Solace
    Solace

Hi dantheman!!!!!!!
    Welcome to freedom!
    Dont let freddi scare you, hes really a big softie!!!
    Though he may play on your small percentage of doubt.

• LB
    LB

Welcome dantheman I'm 100% certain you did the right thing.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Welcome Dan. I DA"d about two years ago. I look forward to hearing your story and how you came to discover the trap they ahd you in.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• larc
    larc

Welcome Dantheman,

I live in Dayton. JAVA, another poster, lives in Dayton as well. Email me if you like. You can find our email addresses in the yellow box under our names at the side of our posts.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Hey Dantheman, its good to have you.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Dantheman: Good for you. Everything will be go UP from here. For now....Enjoy your freedom, breathe easy, get over the guilt and fear. You're in control now. You have friends on this board to help.

I'm a Buckeye, too (Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Troy areas). Born in Youngstown. Living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL for the past 11 years. Spring is coming which is a beautiful, regenerating time of the year in Ohio. Get out and smell those wonderful, wonderful trees that I miss so much!

If you are no longer of a spiritual mind (sometimes the WTS destroys this in a person), at least you have the freedom to pursue other areas of life that you have missed.

If you have remained Christian through this horrific experience, continue to pray to Jehovah, God, Father, Jesus (whatever...he hears you) for direction. Later, when you have relaxed and are less stressed out, you may want to pursue spiritual interests with a new freedom of open-mindedness. Just keep in mind that man may never be given all the answers to everything. Pursuit of those answers may, after all, be mankind's intended lifelong course. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14:6). Even though the scriptures say not to "...foresake our own assembling together...." (Heb 10:25), I would recommend that you be very, very careful about joining any church for right now. Church's are also organizations and suffer the same problems as the WTS.

Easter is coming up and there is what seems to be a nice mainstream Presbyterian Church down the street from me. I was originally baptized Presbyterian and I really look forward to partaking for the first time in 11 years. But regular attendance? Not right now. Membership? Probably never.

GET A NEW BIBLE....THE N.A.S.B. IS GOOD. Keep the NWT. You will need it to prove how the WTS seriously twists the scriptures. Efforts will have to be made to "unlearn" what you have learned. There are plenty of discussion topics on this board that will help you sort out doctrinal issues. Use the "Search" function at the top. I found that people of other Christian faiths have difficulty comprehending the doctrinal conflicts that go on inside a JW's head when they leave. They simply have no idea because they have never been indoctrinated in that way.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome Dantheman.

Tell us a bit about yourself why dontcha?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi DanTheMan,

Welcome to our humble home away from home.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit