First Time Poster

by DanTheMan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome Dan

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Dan, welcome to our little family

I see the welcoming committee has already visited you, but I wanted to add mine also. Tell us a little bit about your JW experiences when you feel comfortable. I think you'll find most people here very encouraging and supportive.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Welcome Dan!

I da'd about 6 months ago and have survived and thrived so far. Congratulations and good luck to you on your journey of freedom. It's always a rollercoaster, but it really helps to have this board and friendly faces to chat with. It's helped me a lot also. I'm from Michigan, a little north of ya. Welcome to the board.

Anne

• Simon
    Simon

It gets SO much better, believe me!

It's a difficult thing at the time but becomes a lot more insignificant as you go forward. I hope everything goes well for you.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thank you all so much for the supportive comments. I was one of those "never really a witness" witnesses (I'm sure that's how they're deriding me now). I dove head first into the borganization during a very impressionable and needy period in my life, but I never went at it that vigorously. Fortunately, none of my family were ever JW's, or even the slightest bit interested in the JW's, so I don't have the shunning thing to deal with. I'll post a more detailed story under the "Personal Experiences" section sometime soon.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Welcome. My wife and I DA'd ourselves in 1989. Never a shred of doubt that we made the right decision.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Welcome aboard--DanTheMan--but beware! This site is addicting, you will soon live, breathe, and think nothing but JW.com. It's my favorite place in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit