Is "full-time service" a cult within a cult?

by brokethechain 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brokethechain
    brokethechain

According to the BITE model, mind control groups keep their members busy, tell them they are special, have special lingo, etc.

Doesn't that make "full-time ministers" into a deeper level of mind control? It's a "special privilege" to be among those "ranks", there are extra meetings "anual pioneer meeting", "pioneer school", and a whole other level of guilt/indocrination/control for keeping pioneers/bethelites busy. As "examples", they shouldn't socialize too much, they shouldn't miss field service groups, they should start their time early, they should study all the publications, etc.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes.

The attitude at Bethel was that those in full-time service are better than everyone else.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No. There is no hierarchy for dubs. All are equal. That's why they have dinners for everyone not just pioneers. That' why they take everyone out for dinner at Applebees, not just the new MS. That's why not just Elders wives and pioneers are involved in key decisions about decorating the Hall, or organizing events. That's why....uh..mmm..never mind....

• free @ last
    free @ last

LOL. I remember feeling special when I got my first 'pioneer letter'. I can't believe I collected 8 of those damn things. Now I hear they will no longer be sending them out. Yep it's definitely a cult within a cult. The inner circle of 'special full time-servants' and their family members are the most cultish of all.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The cult like attributes of being a JW are definitely more pronounced at Bethel.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

I see it more as special previledge membership one should aim for. Trying to be part of an elite. Even within an exclusive group, one needs people to look down upon.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Trying to be an elite.... Like an Elderelite???????

Lol@datadog btw :)

But yes, to echo others already well stated views, definatly a cult within the cult. Levels of privliege and specialness, all designed to reinforce cult view points and ethics. Slaves beating slaves.

• Jeffro
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

People that have "privileges(??)" are supposed to be even "cleaner" than regular witlesses. You might be able to listen to "questionable" music if you are just a "publisher", but if you start pious-sneering, you have everyone else looking up to you. And once that happens, the tiniest "fault" becomes a big deal. You have to worry about "stumbling" others more. Watching a movie with a single swear word in it, putting up clear string LED lights on a summer evening, getting LED lights instead of those squiggly things, or investment silver suddenly become major "sins" because they might "stumble" others into thinking they are acceptable.

• j dubb
    j dubb

That's why they have dinners for everyone not just pioneers. That' why they take everyone out for dinner at Applebees, not just the new MS.

Eatin good in the neighborhood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit