New Light - FDS not appointed over Jesus' belonging just yet

by leaving_quietly 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JUSTHUMAN14:

I am sure they are scrambling around the drawing board. It isn't just the F&DS thing. Nineteen fourteen's 100 year anniversary isn't far away! The religion has to come up with something to explain failed prophecies and core teachings they pulled out from under people like a rug.

I just feel so sorry for all the JWs who are going to feel sucker-punched the way I DID back in 1995 when they printed their changed teaching on 'generation'. I was left reeling from that and it took quite a while for me to regain my emotional equilibrium. No more religion for me after this!

One thing's for sure: more newbies will be flocking to this and other forums!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    sad thing witnesses will see this as new light, but its a lie they said an event happened and now saying it did not. its not doctrine its a boldfaced lie. hope they know there father is satan the father of lies!

This made me think of a new X-JW expression......"New Lieght".

• bobld
    bobld

So how do they explain the overlapping generation.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

“On arriving” to inspect the “slave” in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual “food at the proper time.” He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or “slave,” and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

Okay...besides sounding presumptive as hell, where are the witnesses? The scriptures state that “in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” And we know that regarding the religious callings of the Lord’s servants, “taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God” and that “no man taketh this honor unto himself save he who is called as was Aaron.” (Hebrews 5:4)

So how was Aaron chosen?

The Lord spoke to Moses and directed him: “And thou shalt bring Aaron and his sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and wash them with water. And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.” (Exodus 40)

Aaron was called by the Lord through Moses, one who was known in the church to have authority from God. It is clear that he was not self-appointed and ordained. Moses carried out the ordination in front of the people and they knew that Aaron had authority just as Moses had authority.

The problem for the faithful and discreet slave is that they were not called and ordained by God or his servants. There are no witnesses who can attest that they were called of God. And, finally, the Lord will do nothing save he reveal it to his servants the prophets. (Amos 3:7) Where in the scriptures do the prophets talk about the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses? (Close your eyes...what do you see?)

So to me it’s more than slightly presumptive to tell people that in 1918 “Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples.” How do we know this? And how do we know that Jehovah “acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or ‘slave,’ and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings”? I read the Drudge Report and listen to Fox News, and I’m pretty sure I would have remembered God acknowledging the Governing Body as his “collective instrument” and entrusting them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

So again, we have no ancient prophet prophesying this appointment. We have no witnesses, as per the law of witnesses. And we have no evidence whatsoever of their calling.

What do we have? We have a body of men who are taking this honor unto themselves; a body of men who have never seen an angel, never been anointed or ordained by someone known to be in authority, and who never have seen the risen Christ or heard his voice. In short, we see a manmade religion and a body of false prophets in a day we’ve been warned to be wary of false prophets. We’re told of “invisible” returns of deity, dates that have no prophetic significance and publications that have more twists and turns than a room full of politicians! And I’m much too much a gentleman to even mention all the false prophecies that have come down through the years, or the people who frittered away their retirements and chances for a higher education because of those prophecies.

If those men were intellectually honest, they would recognize this and back off immediately rather than incur the wrath of the Almighty for claiming to be prophets when, in reality, they are nothing but blind guides.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is actually BIG! What pray tell is the FDS role now?

Isaac

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The ransom directly for the GC as well and not sort of "thru" the 144,000.

Being inside the Temple.

Perhaps partaking of the emblems.

Long list of possibilities, and they pointed to next year's annual meeting as important.

For my part, I find the change as to FDS very satisfying, as it has done away with a series of inconsistencies. More and more things are pushed into the future. Mainstreaming. But I liked it.

The one telling he loved the new light - really had a big mouth ............... literally.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i think this answers the question does the governing body believe what they preach? they know everything about the fds and appointments over belongings is a scam and a lie! they are no better than the rdligous hypocrites in jesus's day. they are on a oneway road to hell and a sadly many are following (matthew 23:15)

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

If I were still a JW I would be so freakin' confused at this point. They're changing core beliefs. How many bricks can they take out of the foundation before the whole structure collapses?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

After 130 years of distibuting the "spiritual food" on the printed page, The WTS has now revealed new-light piecemeal orally at the meeting, then over the web. This means that the net savvy ones will receive it first, and poor old Sister Nobody will have to wait,in confusion, until she gets her large print Watchtower. Just like on here, she will hear differing accounts of what it is saying. Following the December K M they are really pushing the Web as a distribution and Ministry tool. Will they perhaps endorse a "Kingdom Tablet" for $$$ or £££ just as they sold phonographs back in the early nineteenth century?

As for this latest revision of "The Truth"....we must note, as has been said that the FDS claim appointment over the congregation (as "domestics") since 1919, so no change there,except the identity of the FDS.

"Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians"

So I guess that anointed Uncle Charlie, dead for a year or two now, has not yet got authority over Christ's belongings.

This bit will get the U K Bro's excited :

“Next year’s annual meeting, which is scheduled to be held on October 5, 2013, will be tied in to selected Assembly Halls in the United States and other English-speaking countries.”

They will love that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit