New Light - FDS not appointed over Jesus' belonging just yet

by leaving_quietly 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

From http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012/

When Does Jesus Appoint the Slave “Over All His Belongings”?

Jesus said that the “master on arriving” (literally, “having come”) will appoint the slave “over all his belongings.” When does the Master, Jesus, arrive?

The expression translated “on arriving” is a form of the Greek word er′kho·mai. Verses 42 and 44 of chapter 24 translate a form of er′kho·mai as “coming.” In those verses, Jesus is referring to his coming as Judge during the great tribulation.—Matthew 24:30; 25:31, 32.

Jesus’ appointment of the “slave” over his “belongings,” then, must also be a future event. He will make that appointment during the great tribulation.

Makes me think they have NO AUTHORITY now other than to provide food.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wasn't there an article just like three years ago that said Jesus gave the slave control over all his stuff, meaning Kingdom halls and the like?

So the local congos can now tell the branch to go to hell when they tell them to sell off property or remodel the hall?

I know the average JW isn't going to give a shit about the doctrine, but it really does make a mess of things.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

w07 4/1 pp. 22 par. 5-9:

In line with Malachi’s prophecy, the composite sign that Jesus gave his disciples to enable them to recognize the time of his “presence and of the conclusion of the system of things” included the identification of a collective “slave.” Jesus stated: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.” (Matthew 24:3, 45-47) “On arriving” to inspect the “slave” in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual “food at the proper time.” He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or “slave,” and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

Managing Christ’s Earthly Belongings

6 A few months before Jesus gave his prophecy on the sign of his presence, including the existence of a “slave” representing him on earth, he spoke of this “slave” in slightly different terms that shed light on the slave’s responsibilities. Jesus stated: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? I tell you truthfully, He will appoint him over all his belongings.”—Luke 12:42, 44.

7 Here the slave is called a steward, a word translated from a Greek term denoting “the manager of a household or estate.” The collective steward would not simply be a group of intellectuals who explain interesting points from the Bible. In addition to providing nourishing spiritual food “at the proper time,” “the faithful steward” would be appointed over the entire body of Christ’s attendants and assigned to manage all of Christ’s interests on earth, “all his belongings.” What would this entail?

8 The slave’s responsibilities include the supervision of the material facilities used by Christ’s followers to carry out their Christian activities, such as the world headquarters and branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses, as well as their places of worship—Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls—throughout the world. More important, the slave also oversees spiritually upbuilding programs of Bible study at weekly meetings and periodic assemblies and conventions. At these gatherings, information on the fulfillment of Bible prophecies is dispensed, and timely direction on how to apply Bible principles in daily life is given.

9 The steward’s responsibilities also include the supervision of the all-important work of preaching “this good news of the kingdom” and making “disciples of people of all the nations.” This involves teaching people to observe all the things that Christ, the Head of the congregation, commands to be done during this time of the end. (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20; Revelation 12:17) The preaching and teaching work has produced “a great crowd” of loyal companions of the anointed remnant. These “desirable things of all the nations” are undoubtedly to be counted among the precious “belongings” of Christ administered by the faithful slave.—Revelation 7:9; Haggai 2:7.

What they may not realize is that they have also just changed the doctrine such that Jesus has NOT APPOINTED THEM YET. Therefore, they cannot rightfully claim to be God's organization overseeing all these things. They cannot do anything except set the plate of spiritual food in front of us. That's it. That's all they have the authority for, by their own admission.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Are they setting the stage for ditching the crazy ass chronology?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL, hoisted by their own petard ... again.

Good quotes, thanks.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

They are definitely planning something big

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sad thing witnesses will see this as new light, but its a lie they said an event happened and now saying it did not. its not doctrine its a boldfaced lie. hope they know there father is satan the father of lies!

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

The Leaders of this Cult have lost control due to failed prophecies and the fact that they have never been chosen from Jesus to take care of His Earthly matters. It sad to see that people, wasted their time and life, some even died for this man made cult. I left 13 years ago, because I realize that when the "new light" blinked back in 1995, (the separation work it is something that it will be a future event)WT is just another American religion. I spend the most productive years of my life, to serve(I was Regular Pioneer - 90 hours a month) a banch of old fools in Brooklyn, believing that my preaching work was going to save people...I was disfellowshiped, knowing that this will end my relationship with my relatives, friends and will lead to a great turmoil of my marriage.

So if Jesus hasn't chosen them yet, then why should we obey to them? If they haven't got any authority yet, then they have no right to disfellowship any one who doesn't believe everything they say.

Perhaps, the leaders of this Cult they are trying to change the date of 1914, since that date is linked with many of WT'S false teachings. No one knows what they are up to, but for sure they are preparing the rank & file for another radical change.

Unfortunately JW's will accept with out any question the "new light", because they are not able to exercise common sense and critical thinking towards their leadership and blindly they will follow the false prophets made in Brooklyn...

• Nambo
    Nambo

Goodness, next thing they will be abandoning 1914, then telling everyone to take the emblems, I will run out of reasons not to go back!

Maybe they will abandon all these false claims so that they can start again and claim he arrives in 2014 and choses them in 2019 and then go through the whole cycle again.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The symposium answered the following questions:

When Did Jesus Appoint "the Faithful and Discreet Slave" Over His Domestics?

Consider the context of Jesus' words in Matthew chapter 24. All the verses listed here were to be fulfilled during Christ's presence, "the conclusion of the system of things."-Verse 3.

• "The tribulation of those days."-Verse 29.
    • "This generation."-Verse 34.
    • "That day and hour."-Verse 36.
    • The "day your Lord is coming."-Verse 42.
    • "At an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming."-Verse 44.

Logically, then, "the faithful and discreet slave" must have appeared after Christ's presence began in 1914.

Moreover, Jesus indicated that this "slave" would appear during a time when a legitimate question would be: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?" Jesus' apostles had miraculous gifts of holy spirit, so there was scant reason to raise that question in the first century C.E. (1 Corinthians 14:12, 24, 25) Although they were anointed by holy spirit, the apostles and other first-century Christians were not "the faithful and discreet slave" prophesied by Jesus.

It is reasonable to conclude, then, that Jesus appointed "the faithful and discreet slave" over "his domestics" during his presence, "the conclusion of the system of things."

"Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?"

Jesus was referring, not to an individual, but to a composite "slave"-a group working together as one body. Jesus said that the slave (1) is appointed to a supervisory role "over [the master's] domestics" and (2) gives the domestics spiritual "food at the proper time."

From 1919 on, there has always been a small group of anointed Christians at the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses. They have supervised our worldwide preaching work and have been directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. In recent years, that group has been closely identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The evidence points to the following conclusion: "The faithful and discreet slave" was appointed over Jesus' domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ's presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as "the faithful and discreet slave."

Who Are the "Domestics"?

Jesus said that "his domestics" would receive "food at the proper time." All genuine followers of Jesus are fed by "the faithful and discreet slave." Therefore, all of Christ's disciples-both individual anointed Christians and members of the "other sheep"-are "his domestics."-John 10:16.

After the speaker explained this aspect of Jesus' prophecy, the audience erupted in sustained applause. Several in attendance later expressed their profound gratitude that Jesus considers them among "his domestics."

THEY ARE STILL GOING TO CLAIM AUTHORITY OVER THE R&F. THEY BELIEVE THEY WERE PLACED OVER THE DOMESTICS IN 1919, THEY ARE ONLY AWAITING BEING PLACED OVER THE " BELONGINGS ". THEY WILL NOT DROP 1914 BECAUSE THEY MUST HAVE THE INVISIBLE PRESCENSE SINCE THIS IS WHEN THE SLAVE WAS APPOINTED OVER THE DOMESTICS. THEY WILL STILL DF YOU. THEY ARE NOW THE POPES OF THE WATCHTOWER. LOOK FOR MORE WATCHTARDED ARTICLES ABOUT THE END BEING SOON, AND HOW SLOWING DOWN IN FIELD SERVICE MEANS YOU ARE WEAK AND LACK FAITH. SOON..SUCH A RELATIVE TERM. SLAVE FOR THE SLAVE WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit