It's Official! The Governing Body IS the Faithful and Discreet Slave (Annual Meeting Report - jw.org)

by 00DAD 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So they are basically establishing a papal authority. How is that any different that this....

"Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church which states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error 'when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church'."

• 00DAD
    00DAD

whathappened: They just admitted that they have been teaching falsehood for the past hundred years.

Oh, c'mon. It's only been 93 years. What's the big deal?

You're really over-reacting, doncha' think!!!

But seriously, the R&F--assuming they even notice the change--will probably say, "That's what I always thought anyway!" and business-as-usual will go on as, well usual!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so much for the rumours that the GB would contact various annointed around the world.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so how do the 144k fit in all this now?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

hmmmm and some not annointed...

• St George of England
    St George of England
    so how do the 144k fit in all this now?

That's probably next year's AGM. They are not a literal number, no need to keep count of them anymore. The anointed and the other sheep are just 'domestics'.

George

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and so ends the dilemna of being annointed and born after 1935, and the group of annointed that was growing ever larger. I think the number of partkaers will start to dwindle starting next year, or the year after when this doctrine finally sinks in

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the reason why the GB have changed thier interpetation is because as time increases past the 1935 date for a cut off of new annointeds(old light), that has forced a change in the idea of a cut off date for newly claimants and the currant governing body has a high % who claimed being annointed after 1935 and the % will only increase with time.

To avoid any trouble from these newly annointed and take away any claim they might has toward questioning the GB they have reinterpeted scripture to give them all authority and take the wind out of the sails on any newly claimants to challange them and easily disfellowship them for doing so..

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There will be no revolution among the JW's.

• Ding
    Ding

What I would like to know is why it took from 1919 until 2012 for the faithful and discreet slave to figure out that they are the faithful and discreet slave and that the rest of the 144,000 are not...

Also, since there was no real GB until after Knorr died, who was the faithful and discreet slave until then? Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr individually?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit