Should You Be Stumbled by Watchtower Errors? You Decide!

by Ethos 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Btw, i'm not stumbled at their errors, like i'm not stumbled by the errors of scientology, or the wwcog, or any other cult. Cults are cults. They do what they do.

S

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Should you be killed by Watchtower Errors?"

Sorry to say, it's too late for some to answer that.

Splash

My beautiful cousin was one of these people. She left behind a husband and 3 children.

• irondork
    irondork

Regarding 1914: The January 1, 1908 WT stated: "We are not prophesying; we are merely giving our surmises . . . We do not even aver that there is no mistake in our interpretation of prophecy and our calculations of chronology. We have merely laid these before you,leaving it for each to exercise his own faith or doubt in respect to them."

Regarding the calculations of chronology leading to the year 1914, what happens if I choose the "doubt" option being offered by the January 1, 1908 Watchtower? Will I be allowed to carry on inside the spiritual paradise, arm in arm with my family and freinds? Or will I be called into a back room with three men waiting to end those relationships?

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Watchtower claims Pastor Russell knew that Jesus had started ruling in 1914.

Is this an error or a lie?

• besty
    besty

Someone pasting that amount of stuff isn't here to discuss, but well done to all replies leaving a lasting response for all time lurkers!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

umm what they have right i would say that mary worship and purgatory are wrong so jw have that right. but they deny jesus is god they believe he is micheal the archangel. (jesus is god) they deny his bodily raising from the dead . one of many problems a jw has he can argue a belief today and tomorrow the wt can change it there is no safe doctrine, if they change the fds than anything is fair game. in other words no doctrine is really deepy rooted if it were than you could not pull it up

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Errors are forgivable - but prefacing those errors with statements like “indisputable”, “without question”, "these are God's dates not ours”. “this is not of man but of God”, “anyone who disagrees is against Jehovah”, and then disfellowshipping those who don’t swallow it all, is another matter. Sure scientists make mistakes, but they do not do that.

Follow this up with lies, deceit and misrepresentations to try and cover up those mistakes compounds the sin and shows anyone with an unbiased reasoning ability that the Watchtower a manmade organisation, not God’s.

• minimus
    minimus

Why bother quoting anything pre-Rutherford since the Society has disavowed any of Russell's writings??

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Has Ethos scuttled off with his tail between his legs ?

Damn, I do love it when a WT/JW apologist lays out all their errors for all to see, I thought this poster might stick it out for a while.

Seems, not, perhaps he has suddenly got to go and rethink his world view.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I have been booted out of the org. for pointing out those errors. So, Ethos, beware! You're walking on thin ice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit