So Do You Think The Economy Will Change For The Better, Remain The Same Or Get Worse?

by minimus 52 Replies latest social current

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

For most of us, the next few decades will resemble falling down several flights of stairs. When we hit the landing from the current flight, things might seem like they are leveling out (we've hit bottom!) and then we will start our trip down the next flight ( as we are about to start soon). There is always the possibility that since there are no railings on these stairs (unless you are too big too fall) that at any moment you could also just pitch over the side and that will be the end of it. If you are not in the 1% group, location will make a big difference as to how well you fair in the short term. Long term, a very real option is that this this experiment (think yeast in petri dish) doesn't turn out so well for mankind. Reset.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Worse much worse. There are no positive indications.

Half the country has now learned that they can simply vote money from one persons pocket to their own.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree with the last 2 comments on this page.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Half the country has now learned that they can simply vote money from one persons pocket to their own.

This is no great flash of light recently learned by "half the country" . . . the whole democratic world has been doing it from it's inception, regardless of which side they're on. That's why all the money is now in very few pockets. No economy can survive that result however you choose to legitimise it. Economics 101; Supply and demand. I'm left wondering why some humans have such a large head. Really . . . it's not complicated.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The economy will be better for some, remain about the same for others, and get worse for the rest.

It's a good time to choose which group you will be in.

• LV101
    LV101

capitalism always works itself around and things will turn good if they just allow the market to work. It just has to. With the market falling (or was) isn't it a good time to buy stocks and make money assuming the economy has started to improve. Seems so many are hesitant/afraid these days but it's always a gamble. I realize some are apprehensive after the past four yrs. but I can't imagine a president wanting to leave office w/everything like it is.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    capitalism always works itself around and things will turn good if they just allow the market to work.
    Where is your evidence of this?
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Worse much worse. There are no positive indications.

This is utter nonsense. Please provide sources to support this notion

• LV101
    LV101

I don't think that's a fact that Democrats contribute more for the disadvantaged --- in fact the opposite. It doesn't really matter as long as people do/give everything they possibly can and both political parties are represented in most organizations. It's public record because they were revealing the amounts donated by politicians a few mos. ago and criticizing Biden's contribution -- they may have revealed Obama's amt. also -- wasn't paying much attention.

• Glander
    Glander

Hope the market gets it's feet. As of closing this afternoon our paper losses are into a couple of thousand since Wednesday Am. We made back about $160.00 today. Don't need it now but it could be a concern if it keeps dropping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit