Study Edition given out on 'the doors'(TM)

by punkofnice 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A good friend of mine who was never a JDub entertains the JWs at his door and enjoys a friendly debate with them.

My friend is an atheist/agnostic (let's not get too picky on defenitions here).

The JWs see him as fodder for the kingdom hell. He tells them he knows me and they make no negative comments about me. Obviously they don't want to put him off methinks.

He was given a 'Study Edition'(TM) to my surprise.

He read it. He told me he thought it was very 'flimsy' in arguments with lots of sweeping statements but no evidence supplied to back them up.

The JDubs think he's a potential member. He thinks they're very deluded.

I just thought I'd let you guys know but I was surprised a 'Study Edition'(TM) was actually given to a member of the public without them asking for it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

That surprises me too - someone is not following the party line!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave - My friend said the dub that gave it to him came over like a real salesman hahahahahahaha

• still thinking
    still thinking

Maybe he thought your friend needed something a bit more......challenging.... to read...LOL

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your friend sounds like he is in a good position to take some out. It has been done before. A local athiest had a couple of guys calling on him for two years. They finally left the church and didn't bother him any more.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

still thinking - Yes. It backfired hahahahahahaha. My friend thought the 'Study Edition'(TM) was rubbish,

black sheep - I'm going over to see him tonight to show him the propaganda techniques used in the washtowel and help him to have a good debate next time. He's a good bloke.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The local guy just kept asking them to prove their own statements. He knew bugger all about the Bible and nothing about the Watchtower. I think the biggest trick is to keep them coming back.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Black Sheep - Sound advice

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

oops punkofnice - sounds like someone thinks your friend is ready for deep spiritual stuff

• 00DAD
    00DAD

he thought it was very 'flimsy' in arguments with lots of sweeping statements but no evidence supplied to back them up

You're neighbor is observant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit