Study Edition given out on 'the doors'(TM)

by punkofnice 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Fancy them giving him meat when he was only supposed to have milk! He could have choked on that substantial nutritious spiritual meal!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

he certainly could have, snare&racket, unless the publisher has cottoned on that the study edition is milk because it tastes like milk and the public edition like meat (so he may be keeping all the public editions for himself and wants to be gentle with punkofnice's friend). the FDS are very confusing nowadays, they don't even know who they are let alone what is milk and what is meat.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Punk... I'm guessing that jdub who placed a Study rag at your friend's house probably hasn't read the WT rags often enough to know the difference between the Public and Study editions... this probably happens more often than we think...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I went to see my friend last night. He said that one 'sister'(TM) said to him 'It hurts Jehovah's feelings if you don't believe in him!'

He said up until then they were having an interesting chat. Once she said that all credibility evaporated. Hahahahahaha

Oh, how we laughed at how Jehovah(TM) gets saddened by trivial stuff but as far as murdering innocent children at armageddon(TM) he's ok with.

Jehovah(TM) is a bi-polar sod.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL----as an atheist, I can tell you, telling me that it hurts Jehovah's feelings that I don't believe in him is just about the funniest afternoon ever.

• snakeface
    snakeface

I've also heard witnesses tell householders, "Why don't you believe in Jehovah? He believes in you."

• snakeface
    snakeface

As for giving out the Study edition to householders....yes they're not supposed to. But some witnesses do anyway. Same with Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry and other such publications. They don't care as long as they're placing something that they can "count". Some have even given songbooks as gifts and counted them as placements.

• tiki
    tiki

hahahah - sounds like a desperation tactic. really, doesn't surprise me....we haven't been in a KH for years - i don't even know how long - i never actually recorded the date of the last time i was there for a regular meeting (outside of one funeral we went to) - but they'll even leave Kingdom ministry's here.........of course the dude that does is 90, and of questionable mental acuity at this time....he comes and counts time listening to my husband's conspiracy theories and Philadelphia Trumpet stuff........it's really funny. sometimes he has a retinue with him....i really wonder about that, but i'm at work and it's his fun afternoon. i personally would not find any interest or enjoyment in it, but hubby has a perverse streak.

• fugue
    fugue

To my athiest mind, the statement "You are hurting jehovah's feelings" is about as meaningless as "You are hurting Bigfoot's feelings" or "You are hurting The Man in the Moon's feelings." It's comical, but it certainly won't motivate me to do anything.

• tiki
    tiki

fugue - "you are hurting jehovah's feelings" is a very stupid response. to you as an atheist it is ridiculous - but even if you believe in a majestic super-universal force - creator, life-giver and sustainer, it is equally stupid. as humans, living on earth, in the most vast and ever-expanding universe, we are absolutely infintessimally nothing. if there is that universal god, which i personally believe there is - there is no possiblity of that entity having "hurt feelings" because of some miniscule earthly critter that is a piece of dirt infused with a life for a very short and inconsequential period of time. it is just plain stupid. realistically - what human being feels "hurt" because he's offended because some damm mosquito bit him? he's just annoyed at the inconvenience of an itch. unless its a tsetse in africa...then my analogy fails.

there is just sooo much bs in this life............world................whatever.......................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit