Part 03: Compares And Contrasts From Any of The Following Posters.

by Scott77 43 Replies latest social humour

• ziddina
    ziddina

And I'm taking it upon myself to add a new member with whom I'm very impressed...

Ta - DAAAAA!!

Maisha

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Well, I'd like to add a few names here.

jgnat, a constant voice of moderation and reason and very interesting contributions.

Yknot, yes, always (ok, she's on the list already but I can't let her be off mine.)

Outlaw, for so often summing up a situation in a few words that make us smile.

Shamus, for monkey fun and more.

moshe, for dry wit and some very pertinent and sensible comments; independent thinker, not going with the general flow

Cedars, for getting so much useful information out there

Atlantis, for bringing us so much useful information and documentation

cantleave, the only one I've talked with on the phone, a really nice guy.

and many, many, many more. So many great people here.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Ziddina, I love my avatar -- it looks just like me! I don't know how Simon figured that out.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I am still a newbi and these threads go so fast, I don't know all the posters well, but I will give a few comments

compound complex - a great writer with a large and interesting vocabulary; and he's also an artist! Have learned a lot of new words reading his writings.

FlyingHighNow - very knowledgeable and kind lady. I always read her comments.

coffee_black - haven't seen a lot of her posts but I love her name. I think she has all her family out of the borg. Lucky her.

sammielee24 - interesting comments, knowledgeabe and has an interesting history/background.Have exchanged e-mails with him or his wife.

AK- Jeff - / Jimmy Page - both of these posters ask perceptive questions in their comments

snowbird - nice lady that helped me get on the trivia page. She has recently been playing and is very smart.

yknot - great comments and she is nice. Just read her comments on the ecomomy. She is upbeat.

ChristAlone - has been posting quite often and is also knowledgable. I always read his posts.

Theocratic Sedition - also a frequent poster, controversial poster but he make threads interesting.

Hortensia - new poster to me, as I am new. She appears to be a learned person.

tornapart - sensitive and sincere lady. Refused to go preach in a drug-ridden neighborhood. Smart woman. What were they thinking sending her there!

Vidiot - deep thinker. Went back and read some of his posts.

Quarterback - perceptive, not easily fooled. Asks the right questions.

ShirleyW - mischievous, and knowledgeable. Defends her position and knows a thing or two about a thing or two, what can I say, she's a New Yorker!

tiki - lovely lady that cares about others. She's nice.

nancy drew - great poet. Can write a poem at the drop of a hat.

Mr. Falcon - very nonchalant, 007 like.

There are so many intelligent and perceptive posters here. I wonder why I never met any smart jws before I got here? Some of you could intimidate me but I chose to learn from you rather that let myself be intimidated. I know as much as you'all about growing up and living as a jw, (except being an elder) but then there's all that other stuff on here you'all post about that makes me think "Oh! that's intense!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    panhandlegirl - "I wonder why I never met any smart jws before I got here?"

The WTS doesn't really value "smart".

Unfortunately (or very fortunately, depending on your POV) it causes a brain drain, because the smart ones still "in" often feel like they're living the plot of Idiocracy, and one way or another, eventually feel compelled to leave.

As time goes on, the WTS will be left with a Worldwide Body of morons.

BTW, thanks. Although I have to confess that some of my thinking is quite shallow, actually.

Gutter-like, in fact.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i miss Sylvia Snowbird and I wish she was feeling better and could talk with us each day

and CoCo a fascinating man

What i wish is that a magical moment would occur and we could all be transported to a beautiful island for a day and see each other and laugh and talk and eat and drink together

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Although I have to confess that some of my thinking is quite shallow, actually.

Vidiot, as I said, I went back and read some of your posts and I did not find them shallow at all. I agree the there must be a brain drain in the writing dept. I remember when I used to read the wt, the writing was better that it is now. I guess the "thinking ones" do leave, because once you think for yourself, it's difficult to buy what they're selling.

PHG

• Scott77
    Scott77

Coco's an artist and a rather romantic gothic writer.
    Hortensia

Hi Hortensia, from your personal experience or perspective, may we know why do you say "Coco's an artist and a rather romantic gothic writer."?

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

i miss Sylvia Snowbird and I wish she was feeling better and could talk with us each day and CoCo a fascinating man

nancy drew

nancy drew,

Why do you say Snowbird

Scott77

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    panhandlegirl - "Vidiot, as I said, I went back and read some of your posts and I did not find them shallow at all."

I was trying to display a self-depreciating sense of humor; I guess I screwed it up (and the "gutter" thing is a subtle sex joke, i.e. dirty-mindedness).

panhandlegirl - "I agree the there must be a brain drain in the writing dept."

Lady, there's a brain drain in the entire Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit