Life Is On the Hairy Edge

by AlanF 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Thank God she is o.k.
    We recently had an accident in our family.
    Unfortionatly my younger sister was the only was who was hurt. She messed up her face pretty bad by hitting the window on impact.
    Ironically, only her face and teeth were hurt but everyone knows to a teenager that is everything. She now has an awful fear of driving or being in a vehicle. I tell her she is so lucky because it could have been so much worse.
    I hope your daughter recovers well, emotionally and physically.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Alan, I sorry you had to deal with that, and Im glad your little girl will be ok. My boy is 15, and wanting a car oh boy!!

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

AlanF

Glad to hear all will be well with your daughter.

HCM

• LB
    LB

Wow, she's a tough cookie. But she will be a sore cookie for awhile. I hope she has a quick recovery.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Kismet
    Kismet

Damn Alan that is shocking news and I am so sorry for your daughter's accident and now pain but am so happy the injuries were not more life altering.

Please keep us updated as to her progress and how you and Julie are coping. If nothing else this should help prevent any future "I am a teenager and thus invincible" type situations.

Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Kismet

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Alan and Julie,

Our very best wishes for your daughter and her friends, we hope that her recovery will be rapid and complete.

Thinking of you - HS

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

Alan and Jukie,

So sorry to hear this. (Well, but relieved, too, of course.)

Hugs and best wishes to the three of you.

RW

• TR
    TR

Oh MAN, Alan! Keep us posted.

TR

• rem
    rem

So sorry to hear about that, Alan. I wish her a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with you and your family.

rem

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Your little girl is so very fortunate and now has added experience to her young life. She's young and will heal a lot faster than us older ones. I'm just thankful that she's ok.

My son totaled out his new 2 week old car last year on APRIL FOOLs day. He was only 2 blocks from home. He hit a brick mailbox and a huge boulder. He tried ringing the doorbell at the house, but no one came to the door. Being April fools, kids had been doorbell ditching, so the people didn't answer their door. The next house the people were gone. He didn't know what to do, because he was afraid to leave the scene of the accdent. He'd hit his head and the steering wheel got his ribs. He ran home and woke me up(I always wait up until my kids are home) on the sofa. MOM I wrecked my car(APRIL FOOLS right) I hit a mail box! I thought mail box, well we do body work and it's probably not that bad and we'll just drive it home and we'll work it out with our neigbors. NOT SO. He totalled it out, there was no front end. It looked as if it had been cut into. I was floored, the police were already there. I was scared beyond belief. He got a ticket and has no problems fromthe accident, except his pride and he doesn't have a beautiful car anymore. He sure does reason a lot differently now.

I know you were scared beyond your wildest fear. It takes a lot out of us parents. Take it easy and my thoughts are with you.

SUSCARRA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit