Life Is On the Hairy Edge

by AlanF 87 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Got a call late this afternoon: "Your daughter was in a car accident along with four other girls. You need to come to the emergency room."

Went to emergency room. Daughter not there yet. One parent shows up, we talk. Her daughter brought in by ambulance. Daughter can walk. Ok fine. Wondering about mine.

Minutes stretch into what seem like hours. Finally four more girls wheeled in by ambulance. One is mine. Take a look. Blood all over face and so is pain. Bummer!

Kicked out of trauma room several times so as not to see private parts while nurses do their thing. Wander over to other girls and get varying stories. New driver, new pickup truck, three girls in back hoping to bicycle for hours at end of beautiful Colorado day. Dumb situation typical of teens.

Inexperienced teen driver makes left turn in front of oncoming car at 40 mph; WHACK! Daughter sitting at precise position of Whack! Flies 30 feet, lands in juniper bushes, breaks six ribs, deforms spinal vertebrae; scrapes and cuts, blood, dirt, pain, morphine.

Prognosis good; tough young body will survive and prosper. Half year of painful healing ahead. Dad shaken. What if??? Damn!

AlanF

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I'm sorry to hear that, Alan F,

It is so scary to see children (even young adults) go through pain and recovery.

I can't believe you sound so calm when describing this situation. I hope all the girls are going to be ok, especially your daughter.

j2bf

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry to read that allan. One never knows, eh? I'm glad she's got a good prognosis. Is she your only one?

SS

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Hey, Alan, I never welcome news of this sort. I hope the daughter recovers well, and that mom and dad lives through this. I can only imagine what you must feel like.

Take care,
    Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

oddly enough, I imagine you are partly RELIEVED.
    It could have been much worse.
    Hopefully lightning doesnt strike twice, as they say.

• teejay
    teejay

Goll-lee!

I couldn't help wiping away tears reading this, Alan. Thought about MY daughter. It bothers *me* when she gets the sniffles, so I can only imagine how *you're* feeling right about now.

It's great that she's going to be okay, but MAN! That's too scary. Give her our best.

Peace,
    tj

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

AlanF

Sorry to hear your news...you must have had that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach while you were in the emergency room. Sorry to hear it will be a painful recovery time...but great to hear that she will bounce back again.

(((((AlanF's daughter))))) (((((AlanF)))))

Beck

• Celia
    Celia

A nightmare for all parents... a phone call telling you that your kid has been in an accident...
    Really glad she came out alright.
    How old is she ?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Jesus, Alan, sorry to hear that. I'm glad that it wasn't too serious, although she's going to have a long recovery ahead of her.

Kids ARE dumb...fact of life. I used to chase cars with my bike, got hit by cars twice....never told my parents. Was so scared of getting yelled at that I just rode away as fast as I could. I have pretty bad back and hip problems now (at 22 YO), and all from my stupidity as a kid.

But don't worry, she'll mend fine. (She went to the doctors, see?) Take it easy, and treat yourself to TWO brews tonite.

ashi

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Thank you for sharing this with us Alan and my warm feelings to you and your family. I hope for a speedy and complete recovery for her and the other kids.

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit