Ever just want to run away.

by LouBelle 27 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL a few more small touches here and there and it'll be good. (actually, we've still got some major work to do)

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm the painter round here LouBelle. Me, myself and I. My partner does all the hard stuff...building etc.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It might take a few sacrifices, but it can be done.

I've downsized my life, so to speak. Had some health issues including depression so can't work full-time, so currently studying full-time (which is really part-time hours compared to the 40+ hr week I used to work) and left the rat race to live in a country town which is quieter and much cheaper to live in.

I don't know your circumstances and I wouldn't presume to tell you how to live your own life, but I do recommend downsizing your life if your current lifestyle is seriously affecting your physical or emotional health.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know the feeling. I would love to be in a padded cell and left alone for a while. The rat-race is tough. The JW rat-race is the worst.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I've had days where I'm driving in to work and the temptation to just keep going is so strong. Why do I have to be responsible?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sometimes, it's the right thing to do. I did it twice in the last few yrs. Don't overthink it. Instead quiet the mind and listen to a deeper voice. One guy, joseph campbell says, 'go w your bliss'. I think it was right for me. Noone else can tell you what's right for you.

S

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I have dreamed of it. I still do.

LouBelle,

If you have access to the Twilight Zone series episodes, check out "A Stop at Willoughby." It's right on point!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

a little log cabin with a wood burning stove. Just grow veg and keep a few chickens.

Ooooh yeah

This is what I have, sans the chickens, I have dogs and a cat. My children keep trying to get me to give it up and move. So far, I have fought the idea off. I used to dream and plan running away but that was when I was married. Now I like my life. Of course, I could never give up my iPAD, internet, iphone, laptop, tv, or anything that helps me keep in touch. I panic when the power goes off. I have to keep in touch but on my terms, not anyone elses. I hope you can find peace, LouBelle. I think I might enjoy visiting with you and drinking a beer, although I usually drink wine. I have read a lot about SA, sounds like an interesting place, but it's far from the US.

PHG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

hey broken promises - i have downsized a hell of a lot this year. bit of stragerly debt getting paid off - i will get there. i love the peace of it all.

phg - i'm a wine drinker too and south africa has some of the best wine and best big open sky! it is a beautiful country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit