Ever just want to run away.

by LouBelle 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Just give up the job, the house and go somewhere where life moves at a slower pace and there are not as many electronic intrusions? Only thing to get to a place like that costs money.

If I had my way, give all of this up for a quiet life on a little small holding that can look after my needs.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes Lou I sometimes want to do that especialy after a bad day at work. Somewhere in the mountains in a little log cabin with a wood burning stove. Just grow veg and keep a few chickens.

Ooooh yeah

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yep, my dream come true LouBelle.

We are looking to get out of the rat race. Just undecided what exactly we want to do when we get there.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I find that idea most appealing, especially if life has thrown some huge brick-bats at me as it has you recently dear Loubelle.

The practicalities take a bit of working out, and so many before us have proven you cannot be entirely self sufficient unless you simply want back breaking work all the time, sleep, work sleep, work etc

My wife wants me to work out some way we can though, but she is a wimp and may not go along with the plan in the end, it will be a leap in the dark.

Give youself some time at least Lou, time to rest and hug yourself, it is therapeutic.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This is in the Marlborough Sounds New Zealand. Love to live on this spot

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

still

you have only just painted the house, now you want to get outa the rat race

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yeah, maybe a little place on a private island. . . .

Doc

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yep, we're doing it up to sell finallysomeprid. But a bit to do yet...so will enjoy while we are here.

Then I can start painting another place...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I love painting walls - best to do it with friends and a beer in hand

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

still

i remember i still hav that pic of your house, are you sure it's ready to sell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit