Any Elders comments on latest idea about Sisters

by truthlover 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Pope
    Pope

I know what u mean when I was a jw husbands and wifes were "one" and you couldn't talk to a sister that was married now Im a babtist and its a free for all i dont need jw woman I like woman who make there own choices god forgives and he dont care if a woman is married or not, jw's are missing out on alot of fun stuff I love woman and men now Im free from that cult and I know god loves me as I am, you know what I mean?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Anyone remember the comment that the WT gave about how sisters are not to disagree with brothers, even by expressing negative FACIAL EXPRESSIONS?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Now, that is the ONLY time that a face-veil would come in handy...

Oh, and when facing a "haboob"... And the harsh desert sun... And the dry desert climate...

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Anyone remember the comment that the WT gave about how sisters are not to disagree with brothers, even by expressing negative FACIAL EXPRESSIONS?

tongue

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh what was the accusation back then? counseling a brother?

• blondie
    blondie

Abigail...........................................................

• blondie
    blondie

*** w09 7/1 p. 20 She Acted With Discretion ***

In a sense, we have already seen Abigail take the first step toward righting this terrible wrong. Unlike her husband, Nabal, she proved willing to listen. The young servant said of Nabal: “He is too much of a good-for-nothing fellow to speak to him.” (1 Samuel 25:17) Tragically, Nabal’s sense of his own importance rendered him unwilling to listen. Such arrogance is all too common to this day. But the young man knew Abigail to be different, which is no doubt why he approached her with this problem.

Abigail thought and acted quickly. “At once Abigail hastened,” we read. Four times in this one account we find the same verb, “to hasten,” used regarding this woman. She prepared a generous gift for David and his men. It included bread, wine, sheep, roasted grain, cakes of raisins, and cakes of figs. Clearly, Abigail knew well what she had and was thoroughly in charge of her household duties, much like the capable wife later described in the book of Proverbs. (Proverbs 31:10-31) She sent the provisions ahead with some of her servants, then followed alone. “But,” we read, “to her husband Nabal she told nothing.”—1 Samuel 25:18, 19.

Does this mean that Abigail was rebelling against her husband’s rightful headship? Not at all. Nabal had acted wickedly against an anointed servant of Jehovah, an action that was likely to result in death for many innocent members of Nabal’s household. If Abigail failed to act, might she become a sharer in her husband’s guilt? In any event, she had to put her submission to her God ahead of submission to her husband.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Really appreciate all the responses, thanks so much - I am cautious when dealing with brothers of course, when you in you're always alert to what can happen and if it doesn't rattle me, I smile and go along with it , otherwise I make myself scarce... I am very independent and cannot abide slavery, yet here I am...kick me!

thanks Blondie, you always have the right thing to say... I have two Nabals in our cong -- so I try to act with discretion

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There are always sexist bullies around, but I have never heard the text of the o/p being official teaching. I have heard a lot of rubbish over the years from Circuit Assembly platforms. Most of the r and f know to ignore it

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Did someone say..Cookies?

What kind?

I'm going to Wall Mart right now to get that apron.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit