Any Elders comments on latest idea about Sisters

by truthlover 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No matter how " good " they be, they are still deceived and will tow the line or they will be out of a job.

Grumblecakes said " ive found that the people who are eager to exercise authority over others are usually the exact people who should never be given it ".

Too true, but those are the exact types who rise throught he ranks of the JW's. It is really sad that you must be either ambitious or ignorant to " progress spiritually ". The real tards are what I call " servants for life ". No matter what they will always be an MS, no matter how hard they try. Still if you are a sister or brother who partakes, you must be subservient to them.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    It is really sad that you must be either ambitious or ignorant to " progress spiritually ". The real tards are what I call " servants for life ". No matter what they will always be an MS, no matter how hard they try. Still if you are a sister or brother who partakes, you must be subservient to them.

Good observation, Data Dog. Also consider this: According to their doctrine, an Annointed sister will die one day and become an immortal god-like diety who will rule alongside Jesus Christ in heaven. Right? Sounds great.

But for now, as was mentioned above, if she's in field service and the only person there with a penis happens to be a baptized 8 year old, she can't even pray in front of him without putting a hat on. Ummmm.. yeah.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

Suddenly, it all makes sense! No wonder I've been married (and divorced) twice.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

truthlover:

As far as I was concerned, the elders only had "authority" within the boundaries of the kingdom hall or some stupid car group. That was it.

I wasn't married to them and they weren't supporting me. I always felt that many of the problems that women in the hall had were because they did not respect their own boundaries and told their business to everybody. They were their own worst enemy. Whereas, if they had been more discreet and kept their lips zipped like dignified adults should, they would have fewer problems with some jackass asking inappropriate questions and making comments to strange adult women whose business is really none of his.

I was shocked at the intrusiveness and lack of boundaries and saw how other foolish women there acted and was determined to keep my distance and my business to myself.

They didn't like me for it, but that's too bad.

• blondie
    blondie

I understood from the other elders that they had to go through my husband if they felt I needed counsel. Also that they had to go through the father of a minor child (jw or non-jw). Even having to go through the baptized mother in regard to "spiritual" issues regarding her children if the father was not available. Also if the son was a minor, baptized or not, he did not have the authority to order his mother around, make financial decisions, etc.,....just that he prayed or she did with a head covering. The elders cannot order the Christian conscience of any woman if they did not do the same with a baptized man. I used to say, "oh, brother, when did I marry you? Aren't you married already?" 1 Cor. 11:3 addresses husbands and wives, not that all baptized men can tell all women in the congregation how high to jump.

• a watcher
    a watcher

LOL!

I love being a single sister. I'm spoiled rotten! I get to frolic and play in the congregation with all the other single sisters while the Brothers do all the work.

Thank you, Brothers, for carrying the load.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Why should i have an opinion on this - I'm a woman!"

"Let's all go buy makeup so the brothers will like us..."

"I like baking pies and puddings for people who cant be bothered looking after themselves - why? - I am a baptised SISTAH."

Horse Shite.

• haboob48
    haboob48

dont they refer to themselves as the "MOTHER"......in the org?....................I would say TIGERMOM!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hasn't this always been the case? I remember one elder mentioning that if a sister didn't have a husband, or an adult son, she was pretty much on her own. And of course if she ventured to state her opinion, Jezabel!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I knew a sister that used to think that way. In her opinion, because of the hierarchy, sisters should be submissive to all baptized males. Which was a really funny thing for her to say, since she was married and divorced 4 times (she married the first one twice, so actually married 5 times--but only involving 4 husbands, one that she still has----bear with me) and she absolutely was never even a little submissive! LOL

She used to like to pass out loads to others----like the pharisees. Always so self-righteous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit