Image of God - the Bible or Christ?

by tec 132 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

They do! They just dont listen well enough :-)

• still thinking
    still thinking

What if it was, say, Allah speaking to you, pretending to be Jesus. Or Vishnu, pretending to be Allah, who in turn was pretending to be Jesus.... Could you, the imperfect human being, be wrong? .....Yan Bibiyan

I believe your question has been side stepped. Or at least I can't see any answer on this page.

Although...I think it may have been answered like this...lol

Question to Tec: If A=B and B=C, then doesn't A=C?

Answer from Tec: Often that can be true, but it makes no sense to me or I feel differently or I will discuss how I think that X is greater than Y, which you may clearly state has nothing to do with the question about A, B, and C, but I will simply go on ignoring logic and stick with X and Y.

• tec
    tec

The bible is the word of god

But the bible is not the word of God.

Christ is the Word of God.

To coin something Soledad shared:

The finger pointing to the moon is not the moon.

Through Jesus, we can see the ideal of what we could be. Not only that, but we can see God in human form.

Yes.

Through studying him, his words and actions as shown in the New Testament, we can get a clear idea of what God wants. I do not see a God obsessed with organisation and structure, Qcmbr. That is a bizarre twist insisted on my the Watchtower. Jesus shows us a God of mercy, of pity, who heals and cares especially for the poor and weak. Overwhelmingly, he shows us a God of love. Through him, we can learn about God.

Absolutely. Well said.

True, we can also learn something about God through the written history and records of the prophets etc, but there is a strong human filter. Some of the Old Testament is much more the history of a nation and of its laws.
    Christ shows us a new way. He tells us he IS the Way. The Bible is more like a map.

Yup. A map, a finger, a witness TO something, but not THE something.

I find it odd that so many people are unwilling see that it is Christ who shows us God. Not religion. Not rules. Not doctrines. Not men. Not religious leaders. Not the bible. All of these things have man's hand in them, and so are prone to man's errors and weaknesses.

Like I said, if you don't believe in God, then no matter to you. But if you DO... then why look anywhere other than at the One who is the Truth, and who is the Life?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

why do you insist that eden was "spiritual" and not physical?...why do you insist that God gave A&E flesh to cover their incorporeal "being"...coverings to "trap" their "sin"?

Because that is the understanding that the Spirit has given me.

...why do you believe that Jesus Christ was concerned about the "spirit" of a person over the flesh of the person?...is it because our spiritual sin needs to be covered?

Um... because he said the flesh counts for nothing; the spirit is what matters.

Why did Jesus Christ on the night He was betrayed break the bread too?

"This is my flesh." Then HE gave it to the others. "This is my blood." Then HE gave that to the others as well.

According to the bible Jesus came in the flesh to heal the flesh because it was fallen just as much as the spirit of man...which would make sense if the flesh of man was that which would die by not eating from the tree of life. The spirit of man continues on after the death of the flesh and Jesus, in His resurrection, made it possible to put on incorruptable flesh...that wouldn't die like that flesh that was given in the garden. His "wine" covers our sins...His "bread" redeems our flesh.

I cannot understand how you would come to this conclusion.

When Christ returnes we (our flesh) will be changed. The corruptable puts on the incorruptable. I don't think the verse states incorruptable 'flesh'. In any case, this flesh that we have right now, counts for nothing. Everything Christ taught, and Paul, points to that. You might need to point out what makes you think otherwise for me.

I believe your question has been side stepped. Or at least I can't see any answer on this page.

How is a person supposed to answer a what if question like that. If that is the case, then that is the case. What could i do about it, lol?

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

How is a person supposed to answer a what if question like that. If that is the case, then that is the case. What could i do about it, lol?...tec

So it doesn't bother you that it could be a possibilty? That your voice may not be what you think it is?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "When Christ returnes we (our flesh) will be changed. The corruptable puts on the incorruptable. I don't think the verse states incorruptable 'flesh'. In any case, this flesh that we have right now, counts for nothing. Everything Christ taught, and Paul, points to that. You might need to point out what makes you think otherwise for me."...

after His resurrection Jesus showed Thomas that He had flesh (Jesus didn't look any different than He did before His death)and Paul says that we will be changed like unto Him.

I can see where confusion comes from though, as your lord has been described quite differently by AGuest:

"They are "serpents"... which are not snakes, but beings of a reptilian type. Sorry, but that's the best I can explain it - they're not reptiles, though, not at all... so, gargoyle-ish might be a better word. They are "drakos/dracon"... serpents (seraphs) )... that stand upright like men, but have wings... and can see all, except that which is hidden from them (like the seed of the Woman). Hence, they are "dragons", the English rendering of the word.

Christ's appearance is very similar to these, but not exactly. His head (and not just his hair) is white... and his eyes are orange (fire-colored). His "skin" (which is actually scales) is a bronze/copper color. He is probably the MOST unattractive of them (excluding JAH Himself)"...

you completely side-stepped the issue...I was talking specifically about the flesh of Jesus Christ and what He did for man because of his fallen flesh(in the garden) as well as his fallen spirit but, if you want me to point out where I think that the bible states that our flesh does count for something(everything we do we do in the flesh as we are flesh beings)...what we do in the flesh counts for nothing if it isn't done with a corresponding God honoring spirit/attitude...luke 18:11-13...

we are to love God with our WHOLE spirit, mind and body...the body is the temple of God.

love michelle

• tec
    tec

after His resurrection Jesus showed Thomas that He had flesh (Jesus didn't look any different than He did before His death)and Paul says that we will be changed like unto Him.

Well, a question for you as to that:

If he didn't look any different, then why did people not recognize him?

He also had not yet returned to His Father, and had not wanted Mary to hold onto Him.

I can see where confusion comes from though, as your lord has been described quite differently by AGuest:

No, I'm afraid you do not see. Because my understanding in this has absolutely nothing to do with Aguest, or any physical description she has given.

what we do in the flesh counts for nothing if it isn't done with a corresponding God honoring spirit/attitude...luke 18:11-13...

Sure... but the connection between those verses and what you are claiming is not really there. At all.

In any case, did you want to comment on the topic?

So it doesn't bother you that it could be a possibilty? That your voice may not be what you think it is?

Does it bother you that the jw version of God could be a possibility? Before you say you don't believe in god so it does not apply... the feeling is the same. (unless you do worry about that actually, in which case, bad analogy, lol)

Peace,

tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "If he didn't look any different, then why did people not recognize him?...

I don't know but my point is that He looks human with human flesh, and we will look human with human flesh.

you said:"No, I'm afraid you do not see. Because my understanding in this has absolutely nothing to do with Aguest, or any physical description she has given."...

Though you say your understanding has nothing to do with what AGuest says...you lords appearance isn't even about your "understanding" it is about what she shared as a fact regardless of your understanding. interesting that you wont enter into agreement with her about your lord but choose to isolate yourself given that you're of the same "body".

love michelle

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yep...I figured it would be answered like this...

Question to Tec: If A=B and B=C, then doesn't A=C?

Answer from Tec: Often that can be true, but it makes no sense to me or I feel differently or I will discuss how I think that X is greater than Y, which you may clearly state has nothing to do with the question about A, B, and C, but I will simply go on ignoring logic and stick with X and Y.

No more questions from me...X and Y are taking over the discussion.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I find it extra amusing that she has stop answering or refering to questions that she clearly has no answer for, thus sinking deeper into self deception...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit