70 JWs in horrific crash on way to a Convention

by Nambo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Very sad.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Really sad. My thoughts go out to the victims and their families. Seriously, I hope that their faith helps get them through this tragedy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Now, what will the watchtower do for THEM?"

Watchtower will send them a carton of the brochure, What Hope for Dead Loved Ones?

• Nambo
    Nambo

With 70 people on that one truck, it must have looked like the picture Scott posted.

I wonder if they are all from the same congregation, imagine that, your whole insular community decimated, those 40 injured, they are probably going to need some looking after, and despite its oil wealth, I dont think much finds its way to the people in Nigeria.

Every meeting those 20 empty seats are going to bring it all back.

• watson
    watson

Maybe the WTS will turn this into a fine witness.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Maybe the WTS will turn this into a fine witness......Watson

Fictional WBT$ Press release:

Our hearts go out to the Brave JW`s who broke Ceasers laws to get to an Assembly..

Some died,some recieved serious injuries,or lost a leg..

We`ve given them all the address to the nearest Red Cross..

When they are back on their foot..

They will no doubt be..

Hobbling & Hopping to the Kingdom Hall or out in the Field Service..

Ready to put their lives on the line..

To distribute WBT$ Literature,nobody wants or cares about..

To people who can`t read..

.................................... ...OUTLAW

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Sorry, I didn't see this thread ealier. I just re-posted from a google alert for Jehovahs' Witnesses and added keywords so it would get picked up. This stuff infuriates me. I remember dirt poor single moms driving rat trap cars 10+ hrs to attend "assigned" conventions. They had tears rolling down their cheeks...and they were not tears of joy. When I proposed RENTING a nearby facility for $2 per day per publisher for conventions I was shouted down...as not "following theocratic direction" ....BS. It's all about more $$$$$$$$$$$ for "mother". Not about the down troden.

• watson
    watson

This could have all been avoided if they had walked like they normally do.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

With all Jehovah's billions you would have thought he could have set aside enough money to provide safe and adequate transportation for his worshippers. Tight wad!

• loosie
    loosie

that is very sad. But I was always told that jah protects his people on the way to assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit