70 JWs in horrific crash on way to a Convention

by Nambo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Blame it on poverty? Don't the witlesses want to seek poverty themselves? And, where is Jehovah's holy spirit to protect his people? Just goes to show what the butt-holy spirit really does when it really counts.
    WTWizard

How about blaming it on Satan for preventing brothers and sisters from attending "the Jehovah’s Witness annual convention ground in Ikot Ekpene Local Government area of the state"

Scott77.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Satan is the last entity that needs blaming Scott, he actually is the good guy.

• Gayle
    Gayle

this indicates so much the burdened life style the WTS imposes on JWs, really everwhere, but certainly by those in poorer countries. The WTS emphasizes their members, for most, have to go to their repititious conventions for Jehovah's blessing. The rank and file are 'eke'ing out an existence already by their culture. Many may not have cars or have the money to take a long trip, so they take probably buses, often unsafe rickety cheap ones. In the news report, that bus was not to be for 'people' travel but for cargo or something. In these cultures, safety is not often a factor. The GB intimidate these members, giving ridiculous stories of someone traveling/walking far distances through dangerous rough roads, in crocodile infested waters, etc. for meetings/conventions.

However, the GB don't have a clue or certainly not any sympathy for these folks. The GB see increase in such countries but they don't really care about their reality and wouldn't bat an eye to tell these folks to not improve on their education, nor to improve on any possible living qualities.

• cofty
    cofty

That's very sad.

• designs
    designs

Build your Kingdom Hall get a Go pass to paradise, get an education get shunned.

• Scott77
    Scott77

the GB don't have a clue or certainly not any sympathy for these folks. The GB see increase in such countries but they don't really care about their reality and wouldn't bat an eye to tell these folks to not improve on their education, nor to improve on any possible living qualities.
    Gayle

Hi Gayle, Thank you for your insightful perspective. I think, Jehovah's Witnesses who were going to their annual convention were traveling in fully loaded truck like this one picture here.

and

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Meanwhile at Headquarters, the money from contributions to help the poorer countries rolls in, the Stanley Theatre with its frescoed and gold onlay ceiling has JW tourists visiting it by the luxury busload. Why didn't the society, if they insist that people travel from far and wide to hear their wonderful insights, hire a proper bus so poorer members could attend safely? Didn't you think that's what your donations were going for ??? I did ! I'm sure when these folks attend such assemblies, they are expected to fill the "Contribution Box" to pay for the venue it's held in and are expected to send the surplus donations to the Society. This tragedy probably could have all been avoided for less than $100. You can bet this tragedy will be swept under the rug....no "Jehovah blesses those who put him first" yearbook experience can possibly be gleaned from this one, Tossers !

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

My heart hurts when I hear this kind of stuff...I always think of that last moment and the terror they must have felt...makes me shudder.

• mind blown
    mind blown

horrible.......sad news.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

70 JW`s in a speeding truck..

That wasn`t meant to carry passengers..

The WBT$ has no problem "Ever"..

Promoting "Breaking the Law" to further WBT$ Interests..

That is what these people Learned from the WBT$..

20 people dead/50 wounded because of a WBT$ Education.

..............................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit