How did you fare in High School as a JW?

by PaintedToeNail 41 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I had a few very tight non-Witness friends I hung out with and played tennis with. Played a little music with. But my elder dad didn't let me go out for the baseball team which upset my coach greatly as he thought I had really promising baseball skills. I got a 3.6 grade point average throughout high school and loved English, Psychology, Sports, and Philosophy. I was NOT allowed to go to college being a born-in JW , was told I should regular pioneer out of high school ( which I did like a JW good boy then ) so now I've been self employed almost 30 years in a field I had to settle for. So now in my 50's I'm finally pursuing playing music and singing one of my first loves as a youth. Not doing any paying gigs yet, but who knows ? Time will tell. Yes, I have regrets about my high school years and what might have been, but I try not to dwell on it and I stay positive

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Oh JimTX, I was back there with you as I read your account of your High School experiences.

I was fortunate my parents didn't mind me enjoying after school activities, however it was the pressure from the borg that made me feel so guilty. I'd race home hoping no one from the congregation saw me & want to know what I was doing out so long after the official school day ended.

I wouldn't want to go through it again, and as Flipper says best not to dwell on it. It seems I was just one of many thousands of JW kids that hated what their parents religion made them go through.............& for what??

We all have so much in common even though our childhoods were many thousands of miles apart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit