What attracted you to the Watchtower?

by Christ Alone 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

What attracted you to the Watchtower? Were you raised in it? If not, what caused you to convert? Was anyone here a member of another church and then was contacted by the JWs?

What did you like about the JWs before and during the time you were in it?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's a question I would love to ask my dearly departed (great) grandmother.

• cofty
    cofty

Raised in the cult.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I was born into the cult too, cofty. I would HOPE that if I had not been born one I would've had enough wisdom to research it thoroughly before being drawn in. I would HOPE that I would have researched the beliefs and the history enough to decide if it was true or false.

Of course, I will never know...

I would like to talk to someone that was not a JW, researched it's history and beliefs thoroughly and decided that it was the only true religion. I can't know for sure, but I would go out on a limb and say that MOST or perhaps...ALL people that do fall for it did not do a thorough researching of it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nothing, I had no choice. Had I not been raised a dub i would not belong to any faith. There is a slim chance the I would have joined the League of Shadows, or perhaps become monk that brews beer. Who knows!? I guess I never will...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It had a certain come hither look.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

There explanation about the Trinity, hellfire, and idolatry.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Born in. I suspect that most that do leave are born ins.

• sinis
    sinis

Hot chicks!!!!!!!! hahahaha, actually I was raised in it... did I say, hot chicks? Yea...

• Londo111
    Londo111

Birth. Thereafter, information control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit