Tell me if this is a stupid idea.

by DATA-DOG 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You know how you sometimes you are going about your day and then an idea hits you? You say to yourself, " what a great idea!!". Then you think to yourself that maybe it isn't so great? Here is my idea. PLEASE give me your opinion. ( like I need to ask)

This upcoming Saturday is the first Saturday of the month. So since I am fading I will go out, to ease into obscurity, right? Well, what if I purposely work with an Elder and talk all day about how I cannot Scripturally accept the FDS " class " teaching? I will come clean about ALL my research and say that there is NO WAY that the " Slave " can be 1900+ years old! If they say that I am rushing ahead of Jehovah, I will refuse to let the matter drop, and continue to say that it just can not be true! I will likely be called into a meeting at some point, and I will state my beliefs based on scripture. I could get DF'd, but then what? What happens a few months down the road when the new light breaks? Would this wake my wife up? Would it show the hypocrisy of the organization to her? What if I am not DF'd? They already know my beliefs about partaking based on what the Bible says. ( whether you believe or not is not important, but what they believe is) So then they are are really going to wonder what to think of me.....

I don't know. This seems like a golden opportunity, even though it is ballsy, brazen if you will. I get a little crazy around a full moon, so this could be just that, crazy talk. What do you think?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Nope. The basic premise is " the org is always right. In the event is wrong see point one". It will be painted two ways... 1) you ran ahead and should have waited on the desert god. 2) now that they believe what you claim you believed all along no reason for you not to come back.

Its a no win scenario when the deck is stacked against you. The game is designed so you cannot win.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I get ideas like that DD... but then I run scared.. LOL

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Marked

• kimbo
    kimbo

keep quiet

• james_woods
    james_woods

They will deny you ever said anything except that you doubted the GB when it comes time for the JC meeting.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

EE,

You are saying that even if...IF I do this that it is a no win with the Elders because they follow the Borg leaders. I get that. I would be gambling on the chance that it may wake up some of my family members. I know the house always wins. If I was DF'd I could say that I will never come back unless I get a written apology...LOL!!! Then will say that I am prideful. I really don't give a hoot in hell about them. Well, that's not true. I wish they would change. Odds are they won't. I am mostly thinking of my family. Maybe the wiser course would be to print off everything that I can on the FDS subject and have a special Family Worship night? I can cover all the errors without attacking the Slave, just show the fallibility of humans. Then I can say that a 1900 year old slave is impossible. It's a toss-up. My wife could turn me in anyway....hmmmmm.

• sir82
    sir82

There are no "retroactive reinstatements". If you "stubbornly promote" a teaching that is in conflict with what the current understanding is, you will be DF'ed for apostasy and/or causing divisions, even if later "new light" backs you up.

I definitely recall examples similar to the one you are thinking of doing, but the point it is used for is that "you should just be patient and wait on Jehovah, if something is wrong it will eventually be cleared up".

"Running ahead of the organization" is viewed as far far FAR worse than "being wrong".

If your goal is to go out in a blaze of glory, go for it. But you won't wake up anyone nor take anyone along with you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would be gambling on the chance that it may wake up some of my family members.

Keep your conversation to your wife &/or family members that you want to help learn TTATT.

Nothing good will come of speaking with the Elders. They are puppets.

Doc

• sir82
    sir82

If your goal is to work on waking up our family, what you might consider doing is a weeks or months-long project in your "family study" on "identifying the faithful and discreet slave".

Pull information from decades of WT articles, have 100's of pages detailing exactly how and why we absolutely 100% know that the FDS was appointed in 33CE, there was an unbroken line for 1900+ years, etc. Really hammer that point home for months on end.

Then one day, in March or April, a WT article will come out and in a few short paragraphs it will wipe out "the truth" that all those thousands of pages and scriptural references supported.

That may or may not work, but it's a far better bet than forcing the elders to DF you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit