why isnt the Revelation book on the jw website.

by Sojae 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Considering it had an overhaul in 2006, leaving it off the list because of it's original publication date is just a BS excuse to hide another silly book.

A full list of the 2006 changes here

2006_Revelation_ Climax_Adjustments.pdf ( 91.62KB )

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

I remember studying it in bookstudy at lest 4 time. I loooove the pictures in that book (in a sick way).
    Looking back I also cannot believe why I bought into that. That shit was so sci-fi :O

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

because according to the revelation book, Rutherford single handedly fulfilled all of the prophecies, the entire book was written for him, and we are already in the new world since everything happened almost 100 years ago.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Just wanted to note; Revelation book no longer listed in publications or in WT online library. I assume it is out of print and you can no longer get one unless your hall happens to have stock of them.

• pixel
    pixel

Maybe they are getting ready to release a dumb-down version of Revelation??

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

bookmarked

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Ah...memories of the 2006 updates.

There was a brother in my hall who was the Bookstudy Assistant. Although he was the reader every week, he was told that he would not be allowed to continue reading if he didn't replace his "old" edition with the new one...even though he was dutifully, accurately, and articulately reading the updated notes. The Book Study Overseer told him that the friends might start thinking he was resistant to "keeping up with organizational changes."

He told me the only reason he wanted to keep using his old book was that it was 1. hardcover; and 2. already underlined, so he wouldn't have to waste his time re-studying it each week! Instead he was forced to replace it with the cheap paperback version that fell apart and make an attempt at underlining it so the B.S. Overseer would stay off his back.

He's since moved halls and misses quite a few meetings.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It is not on their website for the same reason drunk pictures of Rutherford are not on their website......... Sweep all the stupidity under the rug as quickly as possible.

• steve2
    steve2

A speculative book based on speculative visions quickly goes from speculative to embarrassing in a heartbeat. That book now has more Oops moments than it does footnotes.

I speculate that is the reason it is not on JW.org. Even the GB have their pride - and some speculative stuff is frankly utterly shame-inducing.

As for the luscious-lipped harlot rodeo-riding the beast, she also needs a break. God knows that a*se of hers was in sore need a soft mattress.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

along with splashes post "

Maybe someone pointed out their trumpet blasts didn't happen in date order, and they got embarrased.

Revelation 8:7 - 1st Trumpet = September 10, 1922 convention in Cedar Point, Ohio. [Page 134, paragraph 18]

Revelation 8:8, 9 - 2nd Trumpet = August 18-26, 1923 convention in Los Angeles, California. [Page 134, paragraph 22]

Revelation 8:10, 11 - 3rd Trumpet = July 20-27, 1924 convention in Columbus, Ohio. [Page 137, paragraph 33]

Revelation 8:12 - 4th Trumpet = August 29, 1925 convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. [Page 140, paragraph 39]

Revelation 9:1 - 5th Trumpet = September 1-8, 1919 convention in Cedar Point, Ohio. [Page 143, paragraph 5]

Revelation 9:13, 14 - 6th Trumpet = March 25, 1919 release from bondage. [Page 149, paragraph 4]

Revelation 11:15 - 7th Trumpet = 1914 when Jehovah enthrones Jesus. [Page 171, paragraph 2]"

In addition to the above, those few chapters in revelation that were written so deep and detailed and full of symbolism to foretell a conventions almost 2,000 years in the future in which the material taught and told, even though fulfilling a big chunk of bible prophecy, would be 'old light' and 'imperfect non inspired human mistakes'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit