Are J.W's obsesed with their statis??

by karter 28 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

Yeah, an old friend i saw at the mall the other day....filled me in on how he's an elder, full time pioneering, and how he loves being single.......

Then he asked me for a ride to his parents house....where he lives.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

brandnew - "Yeah, an old friend i saw at the mall the other day....filled me in on how he's an elder, full time pioneering, and how he loves being single....... Then he asked me for a ride to his parents house....where he lives."

You know, any other circumstances, I'd have trouble believing that story.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Real stuff VID.... ha ha
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I moved 1000 miles to relocate and had to make my final move 6 months after the first one to where I finally settled. My new congregation had the letter of introduction and the body of elders knew I was an elder 6 months prior. Status meant nothing to me, so I generally never went around saying "Hey, I was an elder."

So this Sunday speaker, who didn't know anyone in the congregation, comes down from the platform after the final prayer and starts his round of handshakes. I was sitting near the front and he gets to me and I say the typical hello with my name. He goes right to "Are you one of the elders?" "No." "Are you a servant?" "Um, no." No big deal to me, and if he asked, I would have explained how I moved recently, but it came off as if that was so important to him. He goes on, "Well, brother. You work on that and I am sure you can reach out blah blah blah....Can you point me to one of the elders?" I pointed and he was gone.

It's everything to many pioneers and elders and others. It's sickening.

• Splash
    Splash
    Elders will be at the beck and call of the BOE at the cost of their own wives and family, it means that much.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs obsessed with status? Nooooooo, that's not right.

JWs are obsessed with their imaginary status.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

To answer the OP: in my experience, some elders/elders' wives/MS/pioneers were obsessed with status.

However, others weren't obsessed with status but were down-to-earth, genuine, decent people. TBH, some brothers and sisters I miss, some I don't.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have met people in my life that have truly achieved great things, stuff actually worth mentioning and sometimes under terrible circumstances, but to talk to them you would never know.

Contrast that with some JW who decides to do the 30 hr aux pioneer requirenent for a month and you'll never hear the end of it.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow
    Omg Yes! It's the measure of who is spiritual and who's not. Dumb, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit