Today's Watchtower Study, from Feb 15th " Jehovah Guides......."

by BluesBrother 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding
    The WT keeps contradicting itself and the vast majority of JWs agree with all of the contradictory statements.
  • Oubliette
  • steve2
    steve2

As a born-in Witness, I had always believed that "our" message was so incredibly important because, since 1914, peace had been ripped away from the earth. The seeming break in warfare between various wars was Satan's attempts to lull the foolish into believing this was a time of peace.

Funny now the GB retrospectively gives that exact spin on the post world war II period of 20th century, i.e., a time of peace!!

Whoever said that the telling of history belongs to the most powerful and the most creative was unerring in observing how humans spin history to further their own preconceived ends.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When they went on about how English is used so as to be the basis of translation, I answered the following:

"Yes it is amazing how the organisation works so hard to ensure the translation is done. Although it would be funny if the languages had never been confused at the Tower of Babel, then they would never have needed to design things such as MEPS"

I was greeted by many nods of agreement, and a "good point" from the conductor!!

IDIOTS!

• BU2B
    BU2B

To add another layer to the hypocrisy, we had theCO visit today. His entire public talk was about how the whole word changed when Satan was cast down in 1914. He went on and on to prove how bad the 20th and 21st centuries were, how many wars ,famines, Earthquakes like never before in human history!

The public talk literally contradicted the WT 100%. The sad part is I doubt many picked up on it. Cognitive dissonance must have been in overdrive today!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But yes everyone knows that there were no wars, famine, pestilence and earthquakes before 1914. The WTS. bezzaro world of ignorance continues and people lap it up like manna from heaven. Good Grief

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If the WTS was operating in the 15th century anywhere in Europe and the leaders of the WTS said mankind is living in the last days since we see all the world events, people back then would probably nodding their heads and agreeing. The bible speaks the truth .

The WTS has always been good at exploiting people's ignorance on secular events and theological as well.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @stuck, i fat fingered the wrong button. I was trying to "like" your post. Sorry
  • factfinder
    factfinder

FlyingHighNow-

There were 14,121 partakers last year, an increase of over 1,000 compared with 2013.

No doubt, a lot more this year.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Does anyone speak out both sides of their mouths better then WT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit