Today's Watchtower Study, from Feb 15th " Jehovah Guides......."

by BluesBrother 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not a full critique but some points astounded me . After decades of hearing them say how terrible the "Critical times" are that we live in today. I now hear :

P7. "During those years, [Stet. after WW2] however, many countries enjoyed relative peace, and Jehovah’s people took advantage of that situation to proclaim the good news. What has been the result? In 1944, there were fewer than 110,000 Kingdom publishers worldwide. Today, there are some 8,000,000!(Read Isaiah 60:22.) Are we not thankful when we can preach the good news under peaceful conditions?"

So all is peaceful in Satan's old world, and it is not a bad place after all? Compare what they have said before:

g 87 6/22 p 11

"In view of these facts, who can deny that ‘peace has been taken away from the earth,’ as Revelation 6:4 foretold it would be? "

g95 11/22 p28

"Some historians believe that the 20th century will be seen as a time of unparalleled savagery,” notes The New York Times. “Increasingly, the 75-year period from 1914 to 1989, covering two world wars and the cold war, is being seen by historians as a single, discrete epoch, a time apart in which much of the world was fighting war, recovering from war or preparing for war.”

Rev. p245 pqr 26

" In October 1987 former U.S. president Nixon said: “The 20th century has been the bloodiest in history. More people have been killed in the wars of this century than in all the wars fought before the century began.”

Wt 2008 5/15 p13

". Conditions in the past 100 years have been worse than ever, and they continue to deteriorate. For example, the Worldwatch Institute reports: “Three times as many people fell victim to war in [the 20th] century as in all the wars from the first century AD to 1899.” Since 1914 more than 100 million lives have been lost in wars! One encyclopedia estimates that up to 60 million people died in World War II. With some nations now even being armed with nuclear weapons, humans have the capacity to wipe out huge segments of the world’s population"

They even have kind words for what used to be a prime danger of our times, the internet.

"16 Consider some inventions of the past 200 years that God’s people have used in preaching the good news. We have mentioned trains, cars, and airplanes, but there have also been bicycles, typewriters, Braille devices, the telegraph, telephones, cameras, audio and video recorders, radio, television, motion pictures, computers, and the Internet. In various ways, such things have helped us to accomplish our commission to make disciples. In fulfillment of the prophecy that Jehovah’s people would “drink the milk of nations,” we have made wise use of resources of the nations, such as modern technology, in order to produce the Bible and Bible literature in many languages.Read Isaiah 60:16."

So thank you Apple corp and Microsoft (not forgetting the Roku. You made it possible to fulfill prophecy & we have drank the milk of nations by using their own tools against them.

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

Yes, the Watchtower that was studied recently (for April 26, 2015) was similar where they seem to be praising the Roman Empire because of it's enforcement of "peace" throughout many lands which made it possible for early Christians to preach the good news. During that time, both Jews and Christians met their deaths during the "Pax Romana."

This was yet another watered down article.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    On paragraph 16 I commented on how "just 10 years ago someone would be considered weak or even showy if they used an electronic device in the KH. Now practically everyone of us uses them, even the Governing Body." The look I got from the WT conductor was pathetic. Didn't say anything to me because a couple of elderetts were nodding their heads in approval!
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

@ Doctor Who

I made an almost identical comment. I stated that, "Only a few short years ago we enjoyed a soliloquy at our circuit assembly that forcefully drove home the point that it is materialistic to purchase the latest electronic device, and the waste of time spent learning how to effectively use them that could otherwise be spent in the preaching work. And how dangerous the internet is, likening it to a backyard full of rattlesnakes, and both being distracting tools of Satan. Now Jehovah's Witnesses have fully embraced those very tools."

Same thing here. Heads bobbing like bobble-head dolls and shlt-eating grins.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

@OneFingerSalute

Isn't great to be awake!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The whole study was just a self referential "praise fest" of ego inflating nothingness!

What SPIRITUAL food was provided in that study??????

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"The look I got from the WT conductor was pathetic."

George Orwell > Quotes > Quotable Quote

George Orwell

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

George Orwell
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Wow dw and ofs!!! Almost makes me want to go back to the KH to see if anyone is answering like that where I live :). That is so hilarious, I can't believe you got away with it, :D and seriously, those elderettes will nod at ANYTHING won't they??

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds like a padding on the back for being commercialized charlatans .

As far as religions go the JWS have been an utter failer as far growth and retaining members.

This organization has been going door to door proselytizing for over a century ....ummm ?

Maybe its because of its inherent bullshit corruption in selling its publications, exploiting fear and ignorance to coerce and expand.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    8,000,000? Wow. Bummer for them. There were just over 3,000,000 when I left. How many partakers these days?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit