Richard Rawe

by Outaservice 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

It was reported to me in an e-mail that Richard Rawe of Soap Lake, Washington has died.

Many of you might remember him and God rest his soul.

Outaservice

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have read his story more than few years ago. RIP

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

He and Rick Fearon alternate Saturdays on the Conference Call, he seemed like a truly sincere guy.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am sad to hear this.

LITS

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh I am so sorry .Does anyone know what happened????I know he had a stroke a few years ago.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

SAD DAY.

Thanks for the friendship Richard and the many very long chats on the telephone we shared. You'll now have the reward you were only telling me about last week.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Richard and his wife Frances were very dear friends. Richard had a significant stroke last week and died in his sleep at home last Friday night. He will be sorely missed by his family and hundreds of friends. We know we'll miss his phone calls. He had a raspy, croaky voice due to many little strokes over the past twenty years which affected his vocal cords. But what knowledge he carried in his head about the history of the WT and Adventist religions that we won't be able to hear him tell anymore. All his many friends are shedding tears over his death and he will be sorely missed. Richard left a hole in our world that will never be filled by anyone else. He truly was one of a kind.

Barbara and Joe

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. My wife and I met him a number of years ago at a support group for xjw's. He was fearless in his opposition to the Watchtower and had an encyclopedia full of what was wrong with the organization in his head.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How sad. :( Richard was the very first ex-JW I spoke to. I was sooooo scared. I credit him for helping me overcome some of my fears of "apostates".

• Dagney
    Dagney

Fight well fought Richard...RIP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit